New Carpet?

SCLarry

Has anyone replaced the carpet in their SC? Mine is looking really bad and I would like to replace it. I have found a couple of websites that sell aftermarket carpet for our cars, but I was wondering if anyone here has replaced thier carpet and how satisfied they were with it?

Any info is appreciated.

I replaced mine with ACCMats stuff. I think that is all you can get, most places just resell ACC Mats stuff.

The carpet is crap. It doesn't have the insulation it needs, it has the wrong texture, wrong color, and basically looks cheap. It looks more like trunk carpet. It doesn't fit right either, I fooled with it forever, and it won't lay smooth. I can't get ride of the wrinkles.

Plus you have to be very careful cutting the holes for the shifter, ebrake, seat bolts etc.

The plus side is it is very light, it weighs about 1/4 what the OEM carpet weighs.

My advise - find a clean carpet at a junkyard. You will have to keep checking back and pull it as soon as they get a vehicle, before it gets rained on. I have seen quite a few sets in nice clean base late model 3.8L cars that got a good front end hit or something.

Thanks guys, that was exactly the info I was looking for. I figured the aftermarket stuff may not be very good, seems too generic. I think I will see what I can get from some local auto upholstery shop.

Back