IAC,MAF, or just gremlins?

lessonintorque

Ok so I replaced my Iac awhile back and at the same time I put a later model maf on. So I unhooked the battery to reset the ecu and now it wont hold an idle for longer than about 30 seconds, then it starts to stumble really bad and almost stall out.It runs fie other than that it just wont sit and idle. It will hold an idle for the first 30 seconds but it is a poor idle and my vacuum is not at about 22 anymore its about 15 and I cant find the damn leak at all, ive looked all over. im not sure if a vacuum leak would allow it to hold idle for that long without stalling, so im really stumped. I REALLY dont want to take it to some mechanic that I dont know but Im confused and frustrated. Please help me guys I really need it.:confused: Thanks in advance. Mike

I haven't got a clue.

Was the IAC brand new or used? Why did you change the MAF?

IS it possible you got what you thought was the correct MAF but it isn't because someone might have switched it with another one. Can you put the old one back on to see what happens? Reads like a vacume leak. Maybe that IAC is letting to much air in.

the iac is brand new from ford, the maf is from my friend beedog of his sc and i tried to put back my old maf today and it ran worse.

wait wait wait.. back the trolly up here.... u used to hold ur vac at 22? and know its at 15? u say u have a leak? is this normal for everyone to hold a VAC at 22? cuz mines is at 15 and that must mean i have a leak right? cuz if i do... then i need to fix it before i kill myself with my conventional brakes...... let me know

lessonintorque are you running a chip and mods

Is that why you have more vacume do you have a bigger cam. Just wondering?

Dark star you should try to get your Vac as close to 20 as you can nothing wrong with 15 your gauage might be little off .

Lesson what does your IAC read when you OHM test it . IT should be between 7-13 ohm what was the resistance on the old one. Is there anybody you can switch it out with to see if you get better results.

Last edited:
nope stock cam, its a brand new engine so it should have perfect vacuum. Ill try to ohm test it tomorrow. does anyone else have any ideas?

other then a leak, could be something as simple as somethings blocking the intake from getting the air. oxygen=combustion hehe...

Back