Idle problem

91scWOP

Well here is my new problem with my SC

Driving along the other day everything is good, then I go to stop and my idle is sittling at about 2,500 RPM and wont go down....

Stop the car and put it park, RPM shoots up to 3,200 and wont go down, check the pedel it's fine, pop my head under the hood, and the throttle is full back where it should be.....

I asumme it's the TPS (throttle positioning sensor)

But just want some feed back.....

Also when i unplug the M.A.F sensor the Idle drops, and I know that there is nothing wrong with the MAF because I got another one and it still does the samething

At this point all the money dump'd into this thing, I think it might be time to sell, and get another one a little newer

Idle Condition

I am also interested in the solution to this condition. I also thought the TPS was bad and replaced it with no change in the idle condition.

rick

Replace the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve, it's located on the left side of the engine. Buy a new one from your Ford dealer ($92), DO NOT buy an aftermarket one. When the IAC valve goes, the idle will kick way up, and nothing you can do will bring it down.

You may also want to check the throttle valve cable, and make sure it is seated correctly, When my IAC valve went bad, the TV cable popped out of it's bushing, and almost cost me a transmission.

Back