Lucas injector question

lrsudog

Just bought a set of 42# Lucas injectors. It seems that they are a bit shorter then the stocks. They have a triple flat oriface instead of the longer end & single hole of the stock 30#s.

Did I get the right ones?

Or if someone has the correct Lucas part #, that would be great.

Thanks

its just a different style. I have siemens deka 42lb injectors and they are a lot different than stock. The stock ones have a little "hat" on the bottom with 4 small holes in them. The new injectors i have are just one bigger hole with a different bottom. They are also shorter than the stockers but they bolt up fine. Just make sure they are high impedense(however you spell it).

I have the Lucas 42s as you describe. They work fine for me. Mine are from Precision Turbo and I don't have the part number.

Thanks fellas. They bolted up fine, but I was a little concerned that the tip wasn't actually sticking into the manifold.

Appreciate the fast responses.

The different tips denote a different design in how to get a nice atomization pattern.

Stock use a Pintle type assembly that sits in a seat. The Lucas are a Disk type assembly that is higher up inside the injector to reduce the mass of the assembly that must be moved by the solenoid. This allows them to operate faster and cooler.

Lucas injectors have a narrower spray pattern than pintle types though.

Back