Autometer temp guage

JSC

Picked up an Autometer electrical water temp guage and I am wondering about the install. If i disconnect the wiring from the OEM guage i would think i will be getting a check guages light ?
Since the guage is probably calibrated to the sending unit that comes with it i guess there is no way to tee off of it and run the OEM guage too. Basically , i do not know how the car is wired and if disconnecting the OEM guage will disrupt any of the basic functions of the engine warning system. Any advice would be grteatly appreciated.

Jeff.

Just stick the new sender in it's place. Leave the oem wire off. The oem guage will be on cold all the time. no worry

umm but how would that affect the ECC and controls of the fans and all that? Just wondering because I wanna hook up a temp guage too but want all the fans to function as they should.

a tee?

Don't auto stores sell tees where you can still run the OEM guages in conjunction with the aftermarket guages? I remember way back when I had a 69 chevelle and a 70 1/2 RS Camaro, I was able to do that. I liked reading the actual temp (numbers) and comparing it to where it is on the OEM guages.

It is just for the guage nothing else. There is a two wire temp sensor on the left side of the sc for the computer......

Thanks Gary,i was in a hurry at checker and did'nt grab a wiring kit when i picked up the guage. I don't care if the original works i guess as long as no other functions are disrupted by it not being wired in anymore.

Jeff

Back