Harmonic Balancer Cover...

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Quick question. Im in the process of changing my water pump and I noticed that I dont have a harmonic balancer cover (black plastic, two-piece cover) on my 94. I know for a fact that the early style sc's have a cover, i have it on my 89 and Im wondering if it just came on early SC's or if Its just my 94 thats missing? Thanx for the help

My 89 used to have one; until I got pissed off after it wouldn't sit correctly after I replaced my harmonic balancer and ripped that piece of crap-*** plastic out of there.

Yeah, i got a used one for my 89 from a fellow member a while ago. The original one on my 89 crapped out when my balancer broke. It scraped and made a hole in it, thats why i got the other one but i've never gotten around to installing it. I attempted to fit it on the 94 but i got fed up...i didnt have much patience and I just wanted to throw my engine back together after the water pump replacement. It does appear to fit, although it would be much better if it was installed with the balancer pully off. I'll give it a try one of these days. Digitalchaos, here's the pic:

Attachments

• mvc-003s.jpg
    mvc-003s.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 85
Back