HELP with installation of steering pump pulley..pix..

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Water pump went, took stuff appart and bought this steering pulley puller from advanced auto. Removal of pully was no biggie but now, after installing the new pump and putting everything back together i cant seem to be able to put back the steering pulley. Im not sure if im not using the tool correctly. It didnt come with directions or anything of the sort. It took me a few mins to get it working for the removal, and I seem to be doing something wrong for the installation. Any advice on how to get the pulley back in or how to use this tool correctly is greatly appreciated. I must get this bird up and running...it is VERY depressing seeing two birds dead on my driveway :( thanx a bunch!

Attachments

• mvc-001s.jpg
    mvc-001s.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 195
Works like a balancer installation tool. Just thread the nut up a ways, add a washer and the bearing, add the second washer,then stick the bolt through the pulley. Then screw the bolt into the pump shaft. Then turn the nut to push the pulley back on with a interference fit.

The big pieces used to take the pulley off are unused for installation.

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAHH.....wezar, BROTHER you are a life saver! I put the parts together as you said and saw it immediately. I was trying tu put the pulley back with the big metal part, hence i had nooo success. Thanx a million bro!

Back