5%OD to 10%OD?

SlinginBeauty

What are the differences b/t the 5% and 10%. I hear the 10% runs 3+lbs boost and i dont know about the 5? I hear the 10% blows headgastkets and maybe that why street rider run 5% to be causious? what are the benifits b/c i dont know anything and would love some info on this subject. Thanks.

well

the pulley's on the early SC's 89-93 had a slightly smaller pulley than the 94-95's..... therefore putting on an early model SC pulley on the 94-95 SC's will overdrive it slightly. that in mind, the 5% pulley on a 94-95 SC i hear will overdrive it like 8% and the 10% is l;ike 13 or something i forget. personally iw ouldnt go higher than a 5% on a late model SC just because... but there are a billion opinions, people will jump in with experiences and stories.... :D
Damon

as long as

as long as you have a very free flowing exhaust you should be fine. resonator, cats, downtubes, and mufflers id all upgrade just to be safe. also expect your supercharger's life to be decreased a little simply because ull be spinning it faster, but dont let that stop you, enjoy the boost :D
-damon

hey SlinginBeauty are you going to be running a 5% or 10 % on your car, and what are your mods ??

Last edited:
Simple....

From my own exp. and what I have read from others...

I have ran a 5% pulley on my 90SC since it was bone stock. It gave me 15psi @ the stock gauge. That is with a opened up exh. and gutted Manifolds.

I have read where the 10% gives you alot more low end torque, but a lil loss of peak horspower @ the higher RPM's.

So I suppose it depends on what you want from the pulley.

Torque = 10% pulley
HP = 5% pulley "Gave me 3 more lbs of boost"

Lil give and take there...I have always liked the 5% and never went away from it due to the Head gasket threats I though I may encounter since my heads were not opened up....But alotta guys use it with no probs on the stock heads sooooooo....Whatever ya choose is gonna work...

Brad

Thanks. I was pro going to wait till i did exaust, true. I dont have many mods yet. Right now my tranny is no good but im swaping it out for an art carr extreme aod tranny with a non lockup torque converter, and shift kit and a new mount. Other than that i only got the cold air intake, 9in cone and 73mm MAF. Got the 10% od pully and ud pully set. havent put them on yet. Will wait till i do headers and exaust b/f i do the 10% jsut to be safe but thats it now. I just got my baby not even 3 months ago. Need some cosmetics;) What the future will bring:)

Back