Is this the socket for ABS switch?

tbirdboy

Pulled this off the OTC tools site. Couldn't find anything else there. Is this the socket used to remove the ABS pressure switch? Someone told me that it was a thin walled piece. Someone please confirm. Thanks.

Attachments

• page69.jpg
    page69.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 194
I would say most likely as the Buick Regals of the vintage listed had the Teves Mark II system like our car. I would suggest calling OTC to be sure. I will post the Ford Rotunda Tool Number this evening. As them if this the tool you posted is the OTC replacement for the Ford Tool.

I bough that part a while ago to change the abs switch. God only knows where i left the tool, but im sure i have the receipt with the part number around here somewhere. I'll look and get the number for ya...oh, and tbirdboy no, the one you posted is not the tool for our abs switch.

You can try but that is not the approach I would take. Given it is not really a "FORD" product but rather made by OTC I would call their tech line to get the cross reference info and price. All the dealer could do is the same and then mark it up. Not sure if they get a discount off of list for the tool.

www.otctools.com

is their website for contact info.

You may also want to try www.cartools.com as they advertise being a distributor of OTC tools once you verify what today's part number is for this 1985 tool. They may give you a few dollars off of list which you can get from OTC.

Ok, sorry it took me a while, but i finally found the receipt. I remember i got the actual tool # from OTC and then i bought the tool from carquest. The OTC # is 206-021. I made a note that sais to remind the parts guy of the dash separating the numbers. The number w/o dash is for some other obsolete tool, and the one for our abs switch must have the dash. I paid $63 back in 2001 for it. I remember it took them about a week to get. Best of luck.

Back