Vibration and Growl

pablon2

As of late, my 93 auto (just turned 100,000) has been vibrating when I start it or step on the gas in park or neutral. I can feel the vibration through the steering wheel. It also makes a throatier sound than normal, especially at 2,000 RPM while in neutral, seems to quiet down a little at RPMs above 2,000 (there are no mods to it). I checked all the vital fluids and routinely inspected hoses, belts, etc. Performance doesn't seem to have suffered. It's really hard to explain, but it hasn't happened before and it doesn't seem normal. I have owned this beauty for 7.5 years. I'm just waiting for the factory original head gaskets to blow. Any ideas?

what does your car idle at on neutral? (rpm)... if its alittle low maybe you should raise the idle... try and get it to around 700-800rpm...

It idles around 800 and drops to around 500 when put in gear with my foot on the break. This has never changed since I've owned it and assume that it is normal.

A sudden vibration like this on a stock original vehicle with 100k could be related to worn hydralic motor mounts.. a common problem on these vehicles as they age.

Others can advise more, and any search on motor mounts offers a wealth of information from previous accounts.

Back