5.0 motor install

joew623

I was thinking about putting a 5.0 motor from like jegs in my 93' sc. I found some online but they do not say wheather or not it comes with the fuel injectors, intake manifold, trottle body, ect. Has anyone done anything like this. If so where did you get the motor and what did it come with. Also did you have to do anything the the rest of the engine compartment when installing it to make it fit? 5 speed bolt up nicely? Also, ballpark, whats my V6 with 80k on it (runs perfect) worth?

most of the 5.0 mail order places sell are either long or short blocks. neither one has electronics or fuel systems. the one to get would be listed as "complete". these should have anything you would need to put the engine into a car that already has one. they usualy don't have an elctrical harness, or MAFS, but if your doing an engine swap usualy you would replace those with custum tailored units anyway. im planning a swap in mine if the warranty doesn't come through. mine will be carburated though, alot easier to work on! good luck!
ben m

Back