Good News

J

Jason Parham

Good News

Current plans for this Saturday pulling the motor out of the XR7. Guys, help me be on the lookout for a replacement crank or whatever if worst comes to worst.

Jason Parham

Update 7/21/01

Project "Black Bettie" went on the operating table this morning for open heart surgery this morning. Detials are listed below.

Dad and I started around 8am this morning tearing it down. We took one break for lunch and another after I got something in my eye while under the car(man it burned!). Not to mentiomed while I was down there I got no less than two showers of antifreeze while my dad was up top undoing heater hoses and the top radiator hose. Around 3pm we finally raised the motor out of the engine bay and set it on the floor and called it a day's work. The motor still has the oil pan, manifolds, heads, valve covers, water pump and intake on it so we havent yet tore into it. One thing I noticed is that my pan has a deep gouge rubbed into it by the power steering line (ala broken motor mounts from two years ago. I dont think it went all the way though the oil pan but my dad says he can weld it back up at work to fill in the groove. He said he could also borrow an engine stand from there as well. It seems Im going to be needing some new A/C lines and possibly a new fuel injector (part of the bottowm plastic part on the injector on # 2 cylinder decided it wnted to stay in the head).

Well I'll try yo keep you guys updated on the progress. Homework is absolutely killing me right now. I truely believe this is the hardest term Ive taken. Another issue is that Im going back to Georgia in approx a month, which will slow progress even further.
JLP

Re: Update 7/21/01

Jason, I've got some used 30lb injectors. If you stay with them I'll let you have one super cheap. Some of them are missing their 'hats', too, but I've got several with. I'm probably going to buy that SC the guy told us about last Saturday if I can get it for $1500. I'll go check it out Sat. Fri I'm getting my other 5spd put back in with a Ripper shifter and a new hydraulic line.

Im assuming 30# is stock size?

If so Im in!!!
send dem babys my way!
JLP

PS: Still waiting for an engine stand so teardown can begin.

Re: Im assuming 30# is stock size?

How many do you want, just one? Also, did you get that pilot bearing hole size yet?

Well

So far it only looks like I need one. I measured the Pilot Bearing hole and it appears to be somewhere around 15/16". I dont know about yours but mine is already a roller bearing. My dad said you really should use a micrometer because it could be a matter of a few thousandsth of an inch. Too much and it wont go in and not enough it will spin around in the opening. Unfortunately I dont have a micrometer.
Jason

Re: Well

It's going to metric and 15/16ths is basically 24mm. It's already a roller you say. Then I should be able to get one at the dealer. I'll have a friend who works the parts counter at Gwinnett Place Ford check it out for me. I wonder if there are 2 types or maybe mine is a roller bearing also and I just don't know it. Otis won't be able to do my tranny tomorrow after all as he is covered up and is going on vacation next week. So it'll be either the early part of the week of the 6th or after I get back from my Orlando business trip after the 15th. I'll get my Ripper tomorrow anyway and just put it on this tranny and swap it when I swap trannies.

Back