Protect Polished Aluminum

Mike8675309

I tought I saw this question once before about a product to protect that aluminum you worked so hard to polish.

The product is ZoopSeal and from what I have heard from many people, it works great. For most polished metals, it forms a clear, non-yellowing 1/10mil thick coating that protects the surface.

http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp

Damn that's an expensive protector. Any first hand looks as to how it works? And is it cost valuable?

Anthony

I use meguiars gold class all metal restorer works vary well for protecting aluminum.
the best part it's only about $5 a bottle.

What if?

I polished the combustion chamber domes on my engine and then used Zoopseal on them? Would it burn off?

I haven't used it myself, but I saw some wheels that were done with it and was told he hadn't had to polish them in over 6 months. This on a vehicle with front discs.

here is a link to a webpage that has some scanned articles about the stuff. It's getting pretty popular in the hot rod worlds.

Deep6, if you're serious.. no, it won't last in your combustion chambers.

Someone had posted in a thread about polished ic tubes, and pulleys and keeping it shiny. Couldn't find the thread so I posted it here.

http://www.rvtech.com/Chrome.htm

ZoopSeal

yes.... that stuff is awesome ..I was getting pretty sick of polishing..my buddys 20 inch rims every week for shows ...haven't touched them since ...wash and clean .....going to try something else next year ...an electric anti-corrosion device ....to keep all the aluminum pieces from corrosion..helps stop rust as well ..dave

I had previously gotten that link for Zoops many months ago and have purchased it to try it on my billet aluminum wheels while the SWB is put up for the winter. By all account it is a great product. I even saw Stacey use it on an episode of Trucks!

I'll post some firsthand knowledge of applying it and how well it works over the '04 season. It has been a lot of work in the past to keep those Coddington wheels shiny! This product should cut down on my polishing time.

A word to those who do plan on trying it. Make sure your wheels are highly polished and extremely clean before you apply the product. It is only a sealant not a polish or finish restoration product.

Back