shifter

titaniumsc03

i drove my buddies 5.0 stang today and noticed how much tighter his shifter is, and mine in my sc is really loose, the three bolts in the top are tight too. are these know top wear? it has 150000 miles on it, or are they just loose like that from factory because theyre mazda and not a t5? just curious, thanks guys

Search the BBS under "Shifter" and Shifter Rebuild" there are several threads dealing with this issue. Basically, if you can pull the shifter knob upward you probably need to rebuild your shifter as it is likely one or both of the plastic sockets inside the shifter itself have fallen apart.

No problem. This is the first site I have often frequented that has a search feature that is actually worthwhile (thanks to the volume of Q&A's and the wise choice of software by our Webmaster). There is one thread that posted a link to a procedure for the rebuild with part numbers and such that I offered the suggestion to not cut the lower plastic socket to install the socket but rather drive out one of the shifter housing pins to install it.

thanks, i just went today to order the parts, i think i will really like the results, i read the same article you mentioned and got the parts it listed, i think it came to $56 alot cheaper than a b&m ripper

Back