National meet: whos going/convoy?

J

Jason Parham

National meet: whos going/convoy?

Guys i plan on going to the national meet in August. I havent made my reservations yet but I do want to go. I was wondering who of this chapter will be going (oh gee I know one of you guys will, hmm wonder who it is). Also if we have a group going perhaps we need to start thinking about a caravan to OKC. Looks like most of us are looking at a 10+ hour drive so the added company along the way will definitely help out. I was looking at a road atlas and heres my guess on routes to go:
From N. Georgia/Tennessee- take I-24 west straight to Memphis. (I'll be back in Dalton by then so this may be the way i go)
From Atlanta area- take I-20 into B'ham and then highway 76 to Memphis.
From Montgomery- take I-65 north to Bham and meet up with the Atlanta contingent for the trip to Memphis.

Well Im sure your wondering why Im talking about Memphis so much. I was thinking Memphis could be a grand junction where everyone comes togethor for one big trip west into OKC. Another thing is that its possible people from Florida will be coming through our territory so maybe we can hook up with them as well. If anyone else has any ideas lets post 'em and maybe we can start planning some stuff like maybe pairing up in rooms to save $$. Maybe we can discuss some things at the next meet. By the way it seems all chance of getting the XR7 back to life by then are out the window. It looks like I'll have to go in the Accord (which will cheaper for gas no doubt) or I have bee toying with the idea of hitching a ride with someone (of course Ill chip with gas). Lets get some responses and start pooling some ideas.
Jason Parham

Re: National meet: whos going/convoy?

Well let me snitch myself out. I will leave on Wednesday or Thursday 28 or 29 since I have to help set up the event in OKC.

The itinerary is almost done. Stay tuned for the fun filled events.

Glenn

I'm planning on leaving on Thurs. I've got a reservation for 4 nights at the Ramada. Don't wait too long on the hotel reservation. BTW I-24 doesn't go to Memphis. It goes to Nashville and you get on I-40 to Memphis. It's 5 hours that way. But going the back roads, US72/altUS72 in Alabama or US 64 in Tenn, may not be any faster. Going via US72 it'll be 4 lane almost the whole way. US 64 is 2 lane the whole way. I'll go I-20/US78 via Tupelo to Memphis.

I plan on going. I will probably go up I-75 and then cut across in GA so I could connect up with someone. Who's got room in a room?

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Back