need steering help please

nobunk1990sc

ok fellows here it is, im seriously gonna loose it and smash this car into bits with my hammer. started out with a noisey power steering pump put a new one in all was cool. got a fluid leak under the pan crawled under idiots ran the line between the oil pan and crossmember friction rub caused a crack in the line no problem cut a section of line out and hose clamped back together wrong blew apart so i thought well then got some pressure here hey so i flared the end of the hard line stupid flare had a burr and ruptured the line again so i said all right no more messing around did away with soft line all together and stuffed in a hard line thought all is good wrong blew open again this time at the quick connect just off the rack then girlfriend took it out without knowing and melted my brand new pump no fluid in it bought another new pump reconnected line at quick connect started it up and now i got a frothy white fluid leak. at this point i am vibrating with anger girlfriend scared to talk to me i have a mitchell shop manual as well as a couple of cheap ones that i use when i run out of shop rags but i need to know where i can find a couple good schemadics of this system as i dont know if there is supposed to be an oring in there some where and if i cant find some good pics could someone please tell me where a nice high cliff is near vancouver so i can launch this car straight to hell oh ya i forgot to mention after this i got a blown heater core to play with as well do you know that for ford to fix the heater core is 1000.00 and for a new power steering pump and line installed they want 860.00 i should mention the dealer prices are 85.00 for a heater core 150.00 for a steering pump and 75.00 for a new high pressure line and here i thought theifs wore ski masks

What did you do about the EVO Valve? Was that swapped when you changed pumps the first time? Ford changed the fitting on the EVO valve sometime between 89 and 91 which required a change the fitting on the HP line running from the pump to the rack.

There is up to almost 1000 PSI on the outlet of the Pump so you have to have good connections.

i reused the evo valve that was in place on the car it seems to be allright to me i simply unthreaded it from the pump assembly cleaned it up abit as well as the pump resevior prior to the installation of the new pump

there is what seems to me to be to much play in the elbow fitting that comes off the rack to the quick connect fitting but that connection is tight as well there seems to be to much play in the actual quick connect fitting where it goes out to the line now i cant see for sure but im assuming that both of these locations are the leaky culprits

You may want to go to the local Ford Dealer and see if they can print you out the parts drawing for these locations. If there are O Rings or something other in there the drawing will show it. My parts guys are quite helpful in that regard. Tonight I will look over the Helms and see if I can find something for you as well.

Back