?? What Plug Wires are you guyz running??

SCYALTR

Hello,
I am in need of some new spark plug wires.
What are you guys running on your cars?
Where did you get them?
I have all the bolt on mods including the irridum NGK plugs.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks,
D Rainer

Iridiums are all good, I just put them in my car and love em' I also like the Taylor Spiro Pro wires at Summit, has good color options too.

Hey Aaron,
Thanks for the info.
What degree boot should I use?
Should I go with the 8mm?
Thanks,
D Rainer

I run stock Motorcraft wires and NGK iridiums. Best combination I've run yet. The Magnecor wires I had were a piece of junk.

Hmm, that's the first negative comment I've heard on the Magnecor wires (besides the issue of cost!) I've had them for years with no problems. BTW they do have a lifetime warranty so they would be replaced free if something went wrong. What was the problem?

Actually, no they don't have a lifetime warranty and Magnecor wouldn't replace them for free even though 2 sets couldn't last a month each without constant misfiring with stock plugs. They were happy to sell me a new set for $50, though. Even refused to return my bad set to me. That was 4 years ago. I get the Motorcraft wires for $45 a set at the dealer and replace them when I change plugs.

I just picked up a set of Motorcraft wires from Rockauto for 35 dollars. Still haven't decided on what plugs to use yet. From the concensus here it doesn't seem Iridiums have the durability of DP, or I'd just get those.

Sorry to hear about the Magnecors. I got a set on my 90 SC, and they seem to work very well. Company stiffed you on the lifetime warranty? That sucks man! Did you do something to void the warranty? Like put them on?

I heard everybody talking bout how great they were so that is why I bought mine. They were like $90 though!

Here's the Magnecor warranty, I don't see how they would refuse (you didn't tell them you had modified the car or anything like that, right?)

Attachments

• warranty.gif
    warranty.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 153
I had a copy of that, too. Made no difference. The second set had a mild burnt spot on one boot. One of my big complaints was that they kept falling off. That was always my fault despite what I considered poor quality soft plug fittings. 4 professional mechanics and myself were all too inept to install them correctly? Never had a problem installing the factory wires. The Ford dealer and 2 speed shop mechanics said I'd have trouble with them and to stick with factory wires. They were right. I am curious to see how well the iridium plugs hold up. They looked awfully fragile but seem to be doing just fine. They made it through outer space but can they make it in my engine?

I was running Taylors till about 3 weeks ago when they went for a sh!+ in the rain. so for now I just have a set of stock wires.
As for plugs 34PP over the winter I'm going to go with NGK Iridiums.

Where to get NGK Iridiums? What if I wanted them colder such as AWSF32PP what would the numbers be? Thanks.

Oh by the way, my 92 5-speed (modified) has AWSF34PP Motorcraft plugs and a set of Carol wires.

My 90 auto (mostly stock) has Bosch Platinum 4212's and Borg-Warner wires. Both cars run good and don't miss, or buck even under high boost.

Thanks

Hello,
Thanks,
That was alot of info on plugs and wires.
Please let me know what angle or degree bend I need on the boots.
Thanks,
D Rainer

I have used the Autolite Double Platinum Plugs and Bosch 8mm wires from Autozone. Have used the Bosch wires on both of my sc's and they work great. And Autozone's Lifetime warranty is the best.

Back