Montgomery results

M

Mike Puckett

Montgomery results

I left the track before the rains hit and drove right thru a couple of horrendous downpours on I-85 going home but made it. It was a very slippery drive. I was pretty much stuck in the 14.4's Fri and early Sat with 5 out of 6 runs at a 14.4 with one 14.2 Fri nite. Sat afternoon I finally broke out and ran another personal best, a 14.062 @ 100.5 mph. I followed it up with a 14.220. I won 5 of 8 for the weekend and beat the 69 Ranchero twice. Got totally dusted by a 69 Mustang with a 460, I don't do 12's and he could go much faster he said. How'd you other guys do?

Enjoyed Friday night, had best time so far

Sorry I could not stay any longer on Friday but duty called. Enjoyed heading back with Rob on my tail as we make Opelika in very good time.

I ran a 14.68 @ 94.99, followed by a 14.59 @ 94.5 mph.
then spun the tires on the third run.

The XB70 is ready for gears as there's only so much it can do with those 2.73s. Other than that I think it's running pretty consistent considering she turned over 100,000 miles on the way to the track.

If you ran better on Saturday must of been due to cooler weather. Friday was really a very warm day. One more notch and its 13.9s.

Look forward to the next one. Maybe the Silver dollar again? Something to be said for running the car hard on the track and then being able to haul ass going home. he he...

Thanks for a good time.

Glenn

Re: Enjoyed Friday night, had best time so far

Actually, it was very hot and muggy all day. I couldn't sit in the car in the staging lanes because it was too hot. I think the track just got a bit seasoned by afternoon and maybe the air pressure dropped when the rains starting coming thru as it didn't cool off much by 5:00 when I made my last runs. I got a lot of interest in the car as lots of guys came by in the pits to see it and talk.

Enjoyed it very much

Hey guys! It was good to meet all of you. Me and little Rob had fun. Can't wait for the next one. Sorry I didn't get to tell everyone so long. You guys made some good runs with just the few mods you have!

I'll tell you the SC train on the way down there looked pretty cool. Kinda gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside that other guys love their SC's as much as I do. It was fun cruising back with the Colonel, we were moving right along. Made it back to Grantville in an hour and a half.

see you guys next time Rob

Back