i just blew my hg's

turbospeed

after 120k it blew the hg's damn car i just replaced the bhj balancer underdrives and a 5% but the blower isnt connected , and it blew the damn hg'i pulled in the driveway and the reservoir/radiator started bubbling and sounding like crazy reservoir was empty , i think it blew the hg's i just hope water didnt enter the oil so my bearings are fine........ btw any one know the price of all the parts included in a hg's change , like gaskets new stock bolts etc.

not a high hp hg's , i just need something that wont blow next week.

help me :mad: :(

ARP Head Studs: about $135 (I recommend those as opposed to head bolts)
Fel-Pro Upper Engine Gasket Set: about $150...maybe less can't remember for sure
The obvious things like coolant, oil etc: however much it'll cost you for the stuff you want
Heads Pressure checked and cleaned up: That depends on who you go to and what you want done. Getting the heads milled, tested, 3-angle valve job, you're looking at probably anywhere from $200 to $400.

All-in-all I think you could probably get it done for around $500 or so, if you do it yourself. Double that if you take it to a mechanic. And then you probably won't get as good of quality parts.

When mine went a couple of months ago I called a couple of Ford dealerships to find a price $1400 was about the price including parts and labour and taxes($900 labour was the going rate with a couple of the shops). I ended up doing them myself and although the cost is about the same I got a whole lot more ported heads, arp studs, etc.

Back