Is This Normal? Trans Question

Billabong089

I recently had a new rebuilt transmission put it along with a new factory clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and a new slave clyinder. When I first took the car for a spin after that the clutch was very easy to push down, very light, and the gears were easy to get in, now it seems the pedal got a little bit sitffer and the gears mainly one and two are tougher to get into when trying to downshift... I mean its not terrible hard but its not like an easy glide in... so what does that mean...? I paid a hell of a lot of money so if anything is up , I would like to get it on warrenty. I wonder if it has anything to do with the trans fluid, they used the standard stuff ( I think Automatic Trans Fluid) with no friction modifers or whatever, maybe I should put something else in?

thanks guys ;)

Last edited:
Bill the best thing to do is talk to the builder about your concerns.
I'm sure they would want to correct any problems and make you happy.
Besides if there is a problem the earlier they know about it the quicker they can correct it before you do some serious damage to the tranny.:)

in addition to what mike said, your tranny should also have 4.oz of the friction modifier.

But to be safe you should just take it back to the person who did the work.

well the installer gave me a warrenty on the clutch and slave cylinder and then I got a warraenty on the trans from where I ordered it from, so I mean If I go to the installer and say yea the transmission is hard to shift sometimes like when downshifting to second, they'll prob say its a transmission problem... maybe I should try the friction modifer and see if it gets better then I can rule that out... so if that is a good idea, where do I get this?

Back