Oil coming out of dip stick tube

ShawnSC1

I have had this problem before. I have found that I had bad rings. So I replace it with another motor with 170k. I checked the oil and had nothing to worry about. Maybe I have my vacuum lines mixed. If I do wouldn't the car run rough, because it runs steady. Also I havn't changed the pcv. Now could that cause oil to come out of the dip stick tube if not working. Or could there be something eles, maybe the EGR. Or maybe I had the dip stick out a little bit and the oil came out. But could this be normal. I just can't see another motor having the same problem (BAD RINGS). I bought the motor of a member here and he says its was fine.

Allmost forgot. I changed the motor last week and the problem happened last night. Also I ran the car all week and ran it on the highway around 120km hr. and my distance there and back was around 190km. Nothing happened until last night. Just wondering if the dip stick poped out. Would that then be normal for oil coming out because there is now an opening.

Last edited:
There are a multitude of possibilities for this, some of which you have mentioned. If the PCV has clogged, it could cause the crankcase to pressurize & force the oil from the tube. Since it is a cheap part, this would be an ideal option to troubleshoot. Also make sure the hoses for the PCV system are all connected.

This post or a search might reveal more information useful to you: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26494&highlight=oil+dipstick

Yes all hoses are connected and I have also used ties and hose clamps to ensure they won't come off. Again wouldn't the motor idle up and down if a hose was off ect. Ya I will change the pcv tommorow.

Back