OIL through VACUUM line at PVC thingy

darkstar_one

well... about 3 days ago... i replaced my PCV or PVC valve... as i was taking off that hose connected to it... the metal hose just all of a sudden came off... to my surprise i saw one of the VAC lines was just old and all chewed up. What also got my attention was that the METAL line had OIL in it. Dried up motor oil. Kinda still like syrup. Can this be because of the BAD PCV (PVC) valve? also it took me 2 grommets to replace the old one. THe first one fell into the suspension and couldnt get it. And finally i got the 2nd one in. Well the car feels better now. More smoother acceleration and since i have a regular old fashion brake booster i get more vacuum.

so the oil through the hose was cause of the old PCV (PVC) or is something wrong?

YEAH THAT IS COMMON

I saw a thread once from a guy who somehow put a filter on his PCV to stop the oil blowby. When a pcv fails it is usually caused by oil buildup just like you mentioned. It is reccommended you change the pcv every 30,000 miles.

Make sure to replace your PCV with a Motorcraft unit or suitably designed aftermarket unit. The PCV valve on our cars is unique in that it is designed to seal under boost conditions. This is so that oil which slips past the rings during high boost does not enter the PCV system.

hey well i got mines from AUTOZONE i think it was a FRAM i dont know... it was item number PCV164.... and it did have this thingy where under boost from the hose connection it would im guessing seal up... but under vacuum it would open... dont know man..

In this case there is a good chance this is your problem. Try to find the Motorcraft unit from the dealership, you can also locate one at www.rockauto.com if you don't mind waiting for shipping. Then again, you might find aftermarket brands which other have good experience with if you want to search.

Easiest just to go over to the dealer though.. just hope they don't want 50 dollars for it.

Back