Midlenth headers vs ported stock

SlinginBeauty

Now that im almost done fixing my tranny i am thinking about opening up the exaust so i can put on my new set of pullies:) Right now im planning on getting the SPC cad back system or having a shop replicate and do the bends for me but b/c i live in California(with bad smog problems) i need to keep it in stock set up to pass smog. I hear that short headers dont do anyting to increase performance and are a waist of money. I was lookiing into putting in some kooks midlenth headers but how much would those compare to porting out my stock headers? Is it worth the money?

On some cars maybe shorty headers don't do much, but on the SC they are a big improvement over ported stock manifolds. They can be difficult to install - I had to cut and weld my MAC shorties to clear the steering shaft. Kooks midlength headers are somewhat better than MAC shorties (and should fit without welding), but are very expensive.

BTW if you decide not to buy headers I have a set of ported stock manifolds I could sell you, email me if interested - rjnoth@yahoo.com. I'm in San Mateo, where are you in the bay area?

Back