FUN FORD WEEKEND

M

Mike Puckett

FUN FORD WEEKEND

It's next weekend. I'm going Fri to test and tune as well. I'd say on Saturday we should meet at our familiar meeting spot at the BurgerKing at the Suwanee exit, #111, I believe it is. It's right next to the Holiday Inn. If we meet between 7:30 and 8:00-8:15 we'll be at the track by 9:30. I know that at least Glenn, Dan, Rick, Robert and myself will there. Anyone else, post and let us know.

Sorry...Wife is on the Warpath....

and yelling her battle cry.

Guys I would like to go on Friday, but I know I'll get stuck in the rush hour traffic unless I leave real early. After spending a big chunk of the weekend "dicking" with the XB70, wife is hell bent on taking the kids somewhere but car meets!!

Too bad, cause the XB70 now has ASP pulleys (nice), EMS 5% OD S/C pulley, new belts, ZR Intake, and 3 cool gauges on the A-pillar with pods (Fuel ratio, Mechanical Oil Press, and Mechanical Water temp) from Autometer. Also I rigged it so that the factory temp guage now gives me an engine oil temp reading, albeit since there is hardly no oil flow on the guage feed the oil temp reading is probably always lower than what it really is.

If something gives, I'll be there, but right now I am not very optimistic.

Be sure to let it rip.

Glenn

Re: FUN FORD WEEKEND

I am coming to the show on Saturday morning. Can anyone give me directions to
Atlanta Dragway? I will be coming up I-85 from Montgomery. Who else will be there Sat?

Mike Donley

I might be there as well

Im really thinking about coming Saturday but once again I'll have to suffer the indignity of coming in my Honda. Its a great car, dont get me wrong but it just stinks to have to leave my XR7 at home, which is back in Tuscaloosa. As a matter of fact it hasnt even been cranked since unloading off of the trailer in January. Its a sad sad thing really. Mike, is the Swuanee exit on I-85 or 75? I cant remember which. If its on 85, is there a better way to switch over from 75 without going through downtown Atlanta?
Jason

Re: I might be there as well

The Suwanee exit is on I-85. From Montgomery come straight up I-85 thru Atlanta and on past I-285. Watch the signs thru downtown, be mindful of what lane you need to be in. From Dalton/Chattanooga, get on I-285 west to I-85 north to Greenville. Dan and I are going Fri. I'll be back for Sat too. I've got the double IC, pulley set, and now a new alternator ready to go. I feel a 13.9 coming.

I don't think I will be able to make it to the Suwanee exit by 8:15 eastern time unless I leave at 4:00 central time. So could someone give me directions to the track in case I miss everyone? I am just going to put my car in the show. I know the track is in Commerce.

Mike Donley

OK, continue on up I-85 to the Commerce exit, hwy 441. I think it is now exit 139, but not sure. You'll know it by the billions of outlet stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc. It's the old exit 53 but they renumbered them to the mileage. It's a very busy intersection. When you exit go left across the bridge to the 1st traffic light and turn left. There's a Pizza Hut there. Turn right about 100 yds down. Go about a 1/4 mile and there it is on the right, can't miss it. Ignore the sign for Atlanta Dragway at the exit before the one you get off at.

Yall get some good pictures Saturday!!!

Anybody going saturday, get some pictures to put up on the website. I'll get some Friday.

Back