Bag of potential serious problems

FlyingLow90

i just did a brand new TCI tranny swap with a b&m 2100 stall because my old trans had no o/d. before i swapped transmissions the old one would like overheat and boil over and i would loose all of the fluid. i thought it was because of the cooling system not staying cold enough my car looked like it was getting way too hot. i replaced the old 160 thermo for a 180 and it stays too cold. i think the 160 was sticking. well when im on the freeways the car stays below or on the blue of the cold mark then when im in town the hottest it gets is up to the first warm mark. my problem is i have no heat most of the time. sometimes it works but most it doesnt. most of the time i can turn the heat on then it goes to cold within 3-5 mins. i dont know how much i trust my guage because we had to use so much silicon i dont know if my sensor is getting all of the fluid to tell the temp. im worried about my new 1300$ tranny overheating.

my big problem is when my car is cold it runs good when it warms up a little it bogs and cuts out usually only full throttle but lately it is doing it under like half throttle. it did this with the old trans in but not as bad.i thought it was the tranny. the new trans has a little too much fluid in it and im taking care of that in the next hour. i hope it could be plugs. just dont know if it is related to my cooling problem in any way.

lastly i thought these cars would have rev limiters in them. i know there is the third gear shift light which i dont understand but if there is a rev limiter on my car ive been past it a few times.

i just want a little help with these problems because im worried about how reliable my car is and i also need heat its getting cold.

well i was driving today and the radiator low light came on yesterday it overflowed because it was too full and i cant find any leaks. plus im pissed cause after doing my trans swap my seatbelt and door ajar light quit going crazy untill last night i went through a car wash and as soon as the sprayers hit the door it started going crazy again.

yesterday morning when i got in the car i checked the level it looked fine and the light was off but on the way home from a 1/2 hour drive on the freeway the light came back on last night. now its off again. im really getting scared about the sputtering of my car i thought it could be the tv cable or linkage adjustment. how long can a car go with either of these not adjusted right. i hope someone can help me.

Disappearing coolant & sputtering = blown head gasket

The overheating before the tranny swap blew the head gasket(s). Time to do a compression check and get ready to tear it down.

my heads were just rebuilt about 4 or 5 thousand miles ago and my engine never really overheated it was more the trans and it only sputters when it runs a bit and gets warmed up. you may be right i think i just dont want to admit it.

The missing and sputtering have nothing to do with the tranny.
Since when your car gets sprayed with water you have electrical things going crazy you my friend have some serious wiring problems and that could explain the sputtering.
As for the TV cable adjustment the tranny WILL NOT tolerate that for very long. My tranny burnt to ground in less than 3 miles because it was'nt set right. Get it to a shop NOW and have it set with a pressure gauge.:)

If your heater core is leaking fluid that is where your coolant is going. Check the carpet in the pass side floorboard up around the firewall to see if its wet, if it is then its heater core replacement time.

Back