PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rod Run

IH8CHVY
04-03-2001, 08:03 PM
I know that I am not a memeber of your club but
I thought you would like to set a meet for April in
Pigeon Forge, TN. If knowone has ever heard about the Grand Run, it is awesome. But you really need to be a Hot Rod enthusaist to go. I would guess that there is about anywhere from 500 to 750 cars on display. You will see evrything from a big block pinto to a viper to a 68 Shelby AC Cobra. There is know telling what you will actually see. Me and my wife usually take our cars and spend most of the day drulling and taking pictures. If you have ever been to Pigeon Forge, they usually start parking cars from one end and go all the way down one side and back up the other plus the actual show is at the Grand Motel. It usually has trailer queens at that show.

Let me know if you ALL our interested and maybe we can meet somewhere along the way and drive up as a group.

Mike Puckett
04-04-2001, 08:17 PM
Right now we are scheduled for Fun Ford Weekend at Atlanta Dragway April 20th-22nd. You didn't say which days in April. When exactly? Where do you live?

IH8CHVY
04-04-2001, 08:46 PM
Well that shot that one in the head because it is scheduled for the weekend of the 20th (April). You can call the Grand Resort Hotel at 865-453-1000 for more info. They are the host of the event. Its pretty awesome if you like to look at Hot Rods.

I am located between Knoxville and Chatanooga in a sleepy little town of Sweetwater. I thought about trying to join but I am going to sell my car if I find a buyer. If not I'll leave it in the garage and drive it occasionally.

I went to a Spring Break Fun Ford weekend a few years ago in Bradenton Fla. Back in '95 or '96 I believe. It was allright. They quite a few Mustangs, Lightning trucks, and a lot of racing. I don't rememeber them having that many T-Birds. I remember one but it was a drag car. I hope you all have some fun. Take plenty of sun screen and plenty of high speed film for the wheel stands.