Another Kill (unneccessary) Non-SC......

world b. free

I was returning from Thunder Valley (Bristol International Dragway) thursday night and out of the clear blue, a late model Mitsubishi Turbo Eclipse totally blows around me and another truck like he was freaken crazy!
:rolleyes:

Anyway the guy gets caught by the red light and I wound up beside him and revved the engine of my 2000 Mustang GT. He looks at me and gave me a look as if to say ("phhhh!!! A MUSTANG! LOL!":rolleyes: ) Well, he sat there powerbraked or something trying to get his boost up i guess. I could hear his turbo whistling. I thought "what the hell"!!! The light turned green and I pulled him by about a half car length until we came to the next light. Instead of slowing down for the light this idiot was bound and determined to beat me and he slid through the freaken red light in the middle of town with mad smoke boiling like hell from his front tires!:eek: Instead of backing up, or even just going the hell on he just sat there about a car length past the freaken light!:eek: This guy just sat there looking at the front tire of my car so that he would know when the light turned green. I pulled off hard when the light turned green and when he seen me move he tried to take off, but it was too late because by the time the tach hit 6 grand I speed shifted into second and my Stang fishtailed and I passed this guy sideways!
:D

He tried to keep up, and I noticed that he had Tennessee tags on his car, so the next light marked the Virginia State Line, and I quickly got my @$$ across the line after all the hell that we raised! It was about 10pm, but I knew the cops could not be too far behind!!!

By the way: I'm not saying that my Mustang is the baddest car around by any means. I'm just saying what Stone Cold Steve Austin once said. "YOU JUST GOT YOUR @$$ Whooped!!!

WBF:cool:

Unless his car was modified, those stock Eclipses are not as fast as a modern Mustang. They definately aren't bad, though I've heard smaller turbos than earlier models makes them more expensive to upgrade. I bet the AWD ones certainly have an advantage..

world b. free said:

By the way: I'm not saying that my Mustang is the baddest car around by any means. I'm just saying what Stone Cold Steve Austin once said. "YOU JUST GOT YOUR @$$ Whooped!!!

WBF:cool:

LMAO!!!:D :D :D
Gee Wiz Fred!!! I have read that four times and laughed my @$$ off every time!
I had a run in with one of those with a girl at my job. Her husband drove the car for her. I did not know a lot about the cars, but I have learned that they is more to that car than the typical 4cyl Turbo. Like Digitalchaos said, they have smaller turbos than the earlier models, but that AWD makes them a damn good challenge for most.;)
This guy sounded like he was crazy or something. You guys were in the right in the middle of the city on Volunteer Parkway!!!:eek: WOW!!!:eek:
Dirtybird91

I saw the title of this post and i KNEW it was gonna be a DSM you whooped *** on.. LoL

Bottom line.. The 2g eclipses suck balls.. Small turbo, no power heavy as hell.. If its an automatic? Oh god.. lo 16 sec car.. 1g AWD 5psd are the ones to watch out for.. Still even those in stock form are hi 14 sec cars so i wouldnt be too worried about em.. But if u see exhaust and a boost gauge.. Then think twice before you screw with em.. O and just some useless info for you guys the later eclipses have a different turbo/IC configuration which makes it difficult to fit an upgraded mitsubishi turbo on there.. They usually use garret turbos insteads..

Congrats on the kill :D

Last edited:
Dennis!

KwikGSeX said:
I saw the title of this post and i KNEW it was gonna be a DSM you whooped *** on.. LoL

Bottom line.. The 2g eclipses suck balls.. Small turbo, no power heavy as hell.. If its an automatic? Oh god.. lo 16 sec car.. 1g AWD 5psd are the ones to watch out for.. Still even those in stock form are hi 14 sec cars so i wouldnt be too worried about em.. But if u see exhaust and a boost gauge.. Then think twice before you screw with em.. O and just some useless info for you guys the later eclipses have a different turbo/IC configuration which makes it difficult to fit an upgraded mitsubishi turbo on there.. They usually use garret turbos insteads..

Congrats on the kill :D

Your car runs a 12.27@116!!! Dude, that is impressive for any car modded or not! :eek:

Dirtybird91:cool:

KwickGSex is right. I own one also and it runs 12.5's.
Dont underestemate those cars! Mine would burn the SC in ground all day long! And a hell of alot cheaper too.:D

I know its not an eclipse, but theres a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege in the parkin lot at work. The only thing that spanked him was my friends 2nd Generation Lightning. Id look out for those pocketrockets. You gotta start pickin your battles when people are makin almost 150hp/liter in a 2500lb car.

Thanx for the compliment dirty :D Im going back out today.. Got me some 121 octane and im hunting for 11.50's..

And on a side note ive also gone 12.32@121 :D

Last edited:
those cars can be a beast on the auto x too!

We have a newer model GSX that likes to give some of the Vettes a hard time.

A lot of it is in the driver too though, one chap owns a blue 350Z and usually runs better than a few of the Z06 vettes, I think he's been a multi national champion for solo however.

I think I'm due to get a turbo car to play with though, think I might look into an 80's Dodge or Chrysler being as they're cheap and the motor used is a tough little sucker.

You guys may wanna watch out for the GS-t as well, it lacks the AWD thus weight too but doesn't get the benefit of the AWD launch, they can still be made just as quick just as cheap though.

You Know Kwik, other than the GSX decal on the car, that'd be one helluva sleeper, clean car, nice man, nice.:)

Mr1der said:

You Know Kwik, other than the GSX decal on the car, that'd be one helluva sleeper, clean car, nice man, nice.:)

I will definately have to agree with that.

:eek:

I am getting really, really anxious to get my project finished with my '91SC. I working on the small block right now. My goal is to run 12's, but it is really expensive!:rolleyes: I will be purchasing everything needed to make the small block STRONG as heck, and after that I will be getting Coy Miller heads and cam, Magnum Powers (everything). If I could get close to what G-Sex is running my goal will be accomplished!:cool: Nobody around here has done that in a Thunderbird yet, and it will feel good to be first. I could easily modify my '02 GT Mustang, but I have always told my wife that everybody is doing it, and it would not mean much. I have already been there and done that anyway.

Dirtybird91;)

I was trying for the sleeper look with my car.. As a matter of fact if the stock rims werent a soft as butter and bent like a pretzel i would of kept em.. Went out today and ran a new best

1.73 60ft
11.97@118

Car was completely out of tune also.. Cant wait till i get it running right!! Got a sweet near wheels up launch off my car that ill post later on also

KwikGSeX said:
I was trying for the sleeper look with my car.. As a matter of fact if the stock rims werent a soft as butter and bent like a pretzel i would of kept em.. Went out today and ran a new best

1.73 60ft
11.97@118

Car was completely out of tune also.. Cant wait till i get it running right!! Got a sweet near wheels up launch off my car that ill post later on also

Hey!
I will be looking forward to that one GSeX!!!:cool:

Dirtybirdie:eek:

Here ya go.. That Dodge charger next to me was in PERFECT condition and it was a mid 12 sec car in itself..

My%20Pictures1.jpg

Turbo + AWD is something I gon't tend to mess with. One of my guys had a WRX, all modded - he bought it that way. But, he came to find out that it was dyno tuned to 250hp at the wheels. The car ran high 12's-low 13's all day long. I seen him tear so many badass cars alive, it would almost make you sick. One of his very few losses was to a traliered car that ran 9's or something like that. The dude spotted him 7 or 9 cars, and olny beat him by a fender length. It isn't right I tell you. Here I'm spendin all this in my SC, and I could have built a Fox stang with a sick 5.0 runnin 11's or 12's with the amount of money i've dropped in the SC. Then again, the SC is so much more worth it.

Dennis!

I really appreciate your presence on this board man. It is a great asset to learn a different perspective on things. When I was a stupid kid ten years ago I actually stole a car similar to yours (eagle talon AWD). I was on the wrong path back in those days, but it is interesting that these cars are still impressive to me after all these years. It is still yet a whole different thing to see them in the high 11's.:eek:

Dirtybird91

GSR&GSX Eclipses, GSR Integra's, TypeS RSX's, WRX Subee's, and of course the Evo Lancer are a force to be reckoned with. I aint playin in that field. I barely owned a friggin Saturn SC2 for cripes sake.

Back