supercharger guage

phil turner

My super charger gauge suddenly stopped working. Any ideas on how to make it work again? It's the only gauge that's not functioning.

This happened to me & it turned out to be a cut in the small vacuum line going to the gauge. The line is about the diameter of a small straw, grey in color, and somewhere underneath the drivers side cowel. Follow the entire line & look for a partial or complete cut. I believe it starts around the bypass valve. Mine was cut about in the middle, maybe 20 "s after it started. I think it melted from heat. I did not look into replacing it, so electrical tape has currently held it for a few months.

Hope that helps..

They also have a tendency to slip off of the back of the gauge itself, so you might have to trace the line all the way back to the cluster.

Thomas

everytime i fixed one hole on that stupid plastic line, another one would form in a week so I was like screw that, wrapped it in electrical tape and put wire loom around it ;)

The rubber 90 degree fitting on the bypass valve kept popping off on mine. I just put a new one on and that took care of it.

Back