Headlight issue

rmolinet

OK this is crazy,when I changes the reguler headlight bulbs to a brighter blue bulbs this is what happen turn on the lights. My front light starts turning off and on repeatly. But when I install the reguler lights back on it does not do that. Whats wrong here, has any one gone throught this and resolve it please help me.

So are you saying the headlights 'flicker' with the aftermarket bulbs installed? By chance are these bulbs by small companies with higher than a 55/65 watts rateing?

If so, then it is likely you are experiencing the result of too much current draw on the factory wiring & switches. In time, it could melt the multifunction switch, headlamp switch, & accompanying wiring harnesses.

Without a wiring harness upgrade, (i think they're available @ supercoupeperformance.com), your car can not support higher wattage bulbs. The stock are 55 for low beams & 65 for high.

To get around this problem, return those headlights or give them away, and buy either GE or Sylvania cool blues. The bulbs by major manufacturers like this are the only legal ones anyway.

http://lighting.mbz.org/ - this link has a lot of nice info on car lights.

Last edited:
Back