70mm BBK TB problems

Stelar SC

Hey, today i wanted to install my 70mm BBK TB i bought awhile ago and i wanted to install it today, anyway... i took the negative connector off the batery and took the stock TB off and i took the IAC valve off but the other smaller one would not come off, so i used one i had from my 1991 sc and put it on the new tb with the IAC valve, anway i put it all back on hooked everything back up (the 2 plugs, the throtle linkage, ect.) so when i put the intake tube back on and tighened everything and put the negative battery plug back on, and then i tryed to start it, but the engine wont turn over at all, it cranks and cranks, but no sight of turning over... so i put the stock one back on along with the IAC and the other smaller thing that was origianally on it, so its back to normal now and it works fine.... what could posibly be wrong?

by the way i have a 1994 SC

What other smaller one? Do you mean the TPS Sensor? If so are you sure you installed the substitute TPS correctly? You could have installed it such that the EEC thought the throttle was WOT when in fact it was closed and the EEC thinking you were trying to start a flooded engine shut off the fuel supply to it.

The other thing I can think of is the air bleed screw is all the way in and without setting the throttle stop the butterfly valve of the TB is also all the way shut and the engine is getting no air. Turn the throttle stop adjustment screw enough so the butterfly valve is cracked open. You will need to set the idle speed properly if you do get it to start. Know how to do that?

Back