PDA

View Full Version : Got the motor put back together...FINALLY!!

Dan Lineback
03-25-2001, 01:12 AM
HOLY ~~~~~!!! I thought I could get it back together in a day. Boy was I wrong!!! Took me all day Thursday, Friday, and about 3 hours this morning. (I had to re-install the Radiator which I had cleaned and repaired, and replaced all the coolant hoses) It was a hell of alot easier coming apart!! Not exactly how I had wanted to spend spring break, but oh well.

Gonna start making plans (and saving cash) for a build up on the motor in the 94, probably next spring or summer. Get some head work done on it, put in a hot cam, re-ring it, etc.

XB70
03-25-2001, 08:47 AM
when it comes to those kind of projects.

And.....is she running good??

Since you are going to do the 94 at a later date, I'll keep you posted on the 95 5 Speed motor build up. I figure 6 to 9 months beofre its all bottoned up and ready to pump out 350 to 370 HP.

Colonel Glenn

Dan Lineback
03-27-2001, 02:02 AM
Whatever you're gonna do, it's always gonna take twice as long as you plan!!

She's runnin' pretty good. When I first cranked 'er up saturday, I stuck my head under the hood and I could hear a distinct vacuum leak. I narrowed it down to the #1 & #2 injectors. I could move them and hear the pitch of the hissing change. (Fortunately, these are the 2 that are accessible with out removing anything. I took the TB back off and loosened the 2 bolts in the fuel rail and tapped them in a little more with a 2X4 and a rubber mallet. Fixed it right up.

Only problem I noticed with it so far is the dipstick seems to be rubbing against the crank ever so slightly, causing an annoying rattle. When I put the new dipstick tube in (yes I broke the old one...I'm 0 for 2 when it comes to removing them in one piece) I don't think I got it in all the way, causing the angle to be off just a little. I'll probably just cap off the tube and leave the stick out until I get time to adjust it. Other than that, she's running like a swiss watch!