Help with install. Where do these hoses go?

Tazer999

First off, these 2 hoses coming off of the wiper cowling. The little short small diamater one on the bottom and then the long one.

Attachments

• dsc00124.jpg
    dsc00124.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 147
Secondly this electrical connector which is hidden behind the throttle body and sc plenum

Attachments

• dsc00125.jpg
    dsc00125.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 141
Thirdly, how about where the pcv valve leads to?

Attachments

• dsc00126.jpg
    dsc00126.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 136
The long one goes on the back of the intake. The short one is for the bypass valve the SC and inlet plenum The other long one is for windshield washer on the passenger side.

The electrical connector is for the throttle position sensor (or IAC?) they are right together. the barometric sensor is up on the inner cowl. Dont forget to hook it up too or it won't start....

The PCV goes into the back of the intake plenum also.

Once you start putting stuff back together it is fairly obvious where they go.

Why don't you have a clean shop rag in that intake opening?

Looks nice and clean. Good work!

Last edited:
Alright thanks man. As for no rag, I just pulled the blower/plenum back off because I couldn't get the damn wiper cowl back on with those things bolted down.

There is a rag in there now tho. As for the connectors, thanks. Now I just gotta figure out why none of them seem to stretch to fit where they are supposed to

Hold up WEZAR

The gray connector goes to the PFE sensor it is part of the EGR it lets the EEC know when the EGR opens and closes. Since his car is a 91 it does not have a EGR so don't worry about it TAZER999. GOOD LUCK

darn.... I thought I had that one. I figured if it did not have EGR it would not have the connector. Still thought it was odd that both the IAC and TPS connectors were not close to each other. I know from trying to set my voltage on my TPS that they are pretty close to each other in the harness.

Well WEZAR they do look the same except the TPS and IAC

Are black connectors. This is kinda of puzzling because It says his car is a 1990 so it should have had a EGR on it . The EGRs were not deleated until 1991 here in the states. The connector for the PFE sensor is still on the wire loom but it is not used if you don't have and EGR or it has been deleated. Should your car have a PFE sensor there is also a heat resistance hose that also goes from the bottom of the EGR to the PFE sensor. I don't Know . Are there any emissions laws in Canada?

Yeah we don't have any emissions laws in IOWA either.

Wezar is correct about everything else. The small hose is for your windshield washer fluid. The big hose is a vacume hose that connects to a little straight metal tube on the supercharger which in turn bridges across to the inlet plenum . The PCV wraps around the back of supercharger and hook to a little metal tube that turns down. The rubber piece is what connects it.

Back