cam sensor question

adpsmp

My check engine light continuously comes on. Every time I read the code, it's the cam sensor. (even after cleaning and regreasing it)
The car is running perfectly...
Is this a sign of a bigger problem or is it just the cam sensor needs to be replaced?
Any help would be appreciated.

actually, the mechanic that was working on it for a seleoid problem I was having did it. He used what was recomended by Ford. I'm not exactly sure what that was.

The cam sensor is that little black plasti cap looking thig that sets on top of what looks like a distributer with some wires plugged into it. Theres nothing really to clean or grease at all.:confused:

ok. So, back to my original question then...should I just replace the sensor, or should I be concerned about something bigger?

I think it was 124? I'm at work right now and everything is written down at home. But that sounds right.

124 is throttle posistion sensor. You probably mean 214 that would be the cam sensor and its an easy and cheap fix.
They cost $30.00.:)

that number sounded more like it. thank you. (I am trying to learn everything about the car that I can)
I know I've already asked, but just in case...can this be a sign of a larger underlying problem?

Back