Blend door

phil turner

Is the blend door failing a common thing? I have a popping or clicking noise coming from under the dash, and people are telling me that the blend door is malfunctioning. I removed the 5 amp fuse that controls the EATC blend door, along with other things, and the popping stopped.

I can not answer your question but am curious, do you have a 5 speed and is the clicking/popping happening when you are engaging/disengaging the clutch. When I disengage clutch I get a click but have not worried about it that much because the clutch still feels strong.

I found out that the Blend door controls the amount of air coming in from the outside. When the motor seizes or isn't spinning. it pops. The problem is that a complete dashboard removal is required to fix it. Yikes! I took off the glove box and disconnected the harness. Now it stopped popping, but the air conditioner doesn't blow cold.

I also believe I've got a blend door problem. I've got a 94SC 5-speed with 96k miles. However, mine hasn't been popping. This problem started a few years ago and is intermittent. I really didn't know what was going on till I found out how to get the code off the climate control system and the code indicated a blend door problem. My a/c works, however not like it should. I often get hot air blowing out. It generally does not cycle between hot and cold. When it is malfunctioning, it will only blow hot air. I've been reluctant to mess with it for same reason, cause you gotta pull the dash. If you pay a shop to do it, you're lookin' at about $600. I'm hoping to fix it this winter if I can get some time to do it. My problem is my SC is my daily driver. Want another car to drive so I can spend some qual time on the SC.

Back