s'tang pre-production photos (inside)

thundersc

Banned
426980_6_full.jpg

426980_8_full.jpg

426980_10_full.jpg

426980_4_full.jpg

426980_14_full.jpg

Well, they managed to screw up the front end. I knew it would be narrower, but that's a bit much. It looks like they took a '96 and put a body kit on it. I'm okay with the interior. The headlights and front look like they got cheap face lift and just got pulled back. Remember the roach guy in Men in Black when he "fixed" his face? They should have left the headlights set in instead of making them flush. I'm sure there's a reason that hood is so rounded over, but it just loses so much. What do they have against wide cars these days?

I miss this:

fca28426.jpg

fca28471.jpg

The lights themselves are still recessed it's just the protective lense that's flush much like a BMW

Dudes I hope this is a JOKE!

Are you serious. That mustang looks like crap and I mean horrible. There is no way I would buy one I would sell it if I won one. Is this some sort of photoshop trick or what. The exterior is bad Not even close to the mustangs at the autoshows. How about that interior it looks just like the interior of a 1983 mustang with the exception of the gauges they got to be from a mazda. More evidence of the decline of FORD MOTOR COMPANY . I bet it will cost more and you will be getting less. UGLY! Look out here comes Chrysler and General Motors. Can you say GTO OR VIPER. If this is the truth about things to come I hope they don't make a new T-BIRD cause they will certainly screw that up too. That stang looks cheap and foreign.

I agree with stocker 89. Looks like the next generation of the Mustang II is back. Yey. Gee can't imagine why Ford's sales are still dropping. Make the front end taller and........... volla, you get the new F-150. Ford is trash and so is that car.

Are you sure this is not a pre concept design. I thought I had a Car and Driver that had some updated photos that look nothing like that.

Well I would rather buy my STANG from JAFO.

I think thundersc will go out of buisness.

I agree with 1BADSC looks kinda like the cheap mustang II are back.

Well I am back to dreamin about the GT40.If they even make it.

I may get stoned for saying it, but I've been let down all year from American cars I've been really excited about:

Dodge: Magnum SRT-8 (see ThunderSC's prev post)
Pontiac: GTO (yet another Grand Prix look-a-like)
Merc: Marauder. Still like it though, not too bad a let down even though it's slower than expected.
Ford: Mustang. This just breaks my heart. I looked at this thing like the '69 Mach 1 I've never gotten to have. With new car quality. At least the die-cast of the concept should be out this month.
Really sad because this is about the most positively talked about upcoming car on car boards I check out. Even GM boards.

:(

Last edited:
Holy Crap, just noticed the width on those rear tires, what do you think they are. I am thinking they are an insanely wide 195/60/15

:)

Also, why do the photos look like they were photo shopped? Not saying they are not real, but they look horrible.

Put those up on another board, someone there said the guy that let them out got canned. It looks like he just blurred the area around the pic's. Especially in the first. Probably in an attempt to hide where the pic's were taken, and not get what happened anyway.

here are some more pics.

Many of the sites have taken down the pics and left a message "Removed as requested by Ford Motor Company" Not sure if it is true.

Attachments

• 1537202-gt40 2b.jpg
    1537202-gt40 2b.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 251
This car isn't out yet. I have a feeling it will look different inside & out when it does come out.. this is likely preproduction.

I also wouldn't doubt Ford asking to have the pictures removed if the pics are taken by an employee or otherwise of their material/on their property. I think the main reason for this would be simply due to damaging the reputation of the product before its even finalized.

I will wait until there are officially released pictures to judge it. Also until there are better angles to look at it from.

All in all though, I have seen many cars much worse than even these first pics..

Well from what I have read, this is what it is going to be. No hood scoops, no 18 inch tires, no Cobra Model until 2006, side vents turn to scallops, no glass roof, naarrower front end with a taller windshiled.

There is no reason to believe that this is not the real production version. Every item that Ford said they were going to change, has been changed. They said that all of the above changes would take place for the production model.

So I for one believe that this is it. I really wish it wasn't, but I'm afraid it is. :(

I for one can say that there is no way it will have no scoops on the hood..I'm also sure the interior is pretty close to what it will be//Didnt expect a glass roof..But that front end........

Last edited:
Yeah, the front end is the biggest problem. Overall, it might look better when a different color than bland white. The interior is okay, except for that shifter from 1982. It might get polished a little in there, who knows. The bulbous hood and weak weak weak front end are what totally screw it up. The hood makes it look like it has an over-bite. The concept had the cool aggressive angle going on.
Maybe response to the leaked pictures will prompt some sort of fix? If it isn't too late.

How did they go from

faded602.jpg

to

fae051f2.jpg

Are they blind???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
I do agree that if this turns out to be the end result the front end, hood, and basic simplistic unergonomic interior make a singnificant negative impact on the car.

But it really looks like something they threw together just to test. I couldn't see them putting foglights behind or especially in front of the grill, & the bumper looks to be from when factories just started using plastic to cover them. One other thing, the depicted front end has no resemblence to their current or future family of cars. This is unlike Ford, it would be a first from them. All other cars in their relatively recent history have had some resemblence to some other models. The concept Mustang front end, on the other hand, can be looked at and identified as a Ford.

Plus, the biggest thing, that front end has not been masked like the rest of the car was. If the rest of the car is masked because it was finalized & they didn't want ppl to view that, I'd think they would also mask the front if it was finalized. Then again, the rear is open..

Guess we'll see. I knew it wouldn't be like the concept, nothing ever is (crossfire). But certainly this depicted would be a sales mistake over their current model.. especially at the inevitably higher price.

Last edited:
Digitalchaos, have you not taken a look at the new F-150, the front end resembles the mustang very much.

faded602.jpg

stanglight.jpg

actually when you look at it from the same angle the headlight is similar. just not as aggressive... I think they pushed it back a little for crash reasons... Basically letting the bumper be out further to reduce the possiblity of damaging the hood/light area on 5mph and below collisions.

Back