Need opinion CAI on ebay

Save your money. You can get the same performance from a simple K&N drop in filter. The Hot air intake is basicaly a sound modification only. You will gain 3 to 5 hp from it, all of which can be had from a plain drop in K&N. Spend your money on other mods.

I already have the K&N but it looked to me it was cold air intake but just attached from where the filter box was rather than the whole intake. It is setup to go into the fender well like the other cold airs.

Since I am already running the a K&N and removed the silencer box would I get any more performance from a true CAI or would the $150 be a waste of money.

The 150$ would be a waste of money for you. Anyone who would tell you different is an idiot. When you order one of those kits from K&N they normally will send you a dyno sheet showing an increase of 3-5 HP at the far reaches of the RPM Range. Just having the filter on their is plenty. All the solid tube will do is create a little more whistle. Just stay with what you have for now and spend your money on other mods. I am telling you all of this from experience, some of the others that actually have one will tell you the same.

The only ones that might be slightly better for performance are the ones that go into the fenderwell, but even those would be marginaly better compared to the panel filter.

you have a pm buwahwhahahahahah :)

Last edited:
What he's looking at is the Densecharger sold by Stephen Crist,it is a true CAI that mounts the cone filter inside the fenderwell.Granted it's not the fanciest/prettiest/most expensive setup nor will it add much HP but it's a cheap alternative.
z

This kit uses your exisitng air tube from the maf to the tb. I thought it was a cheaper alternative to the more expensive cai's if you want to place a cone filter in the fender well (getting rid of the air silencer and stock air box) and have all of the proper fitting/bent tubes to go from filter to maf. Which is why I bought it and have no complaints!

You could probably buy the components yourself and make the same set-up and save a few bux, but imho I thought this densecharger was worth the $ to replace the stock intake setup...

I would be really curious to see the dyno numbers between a CAI and the Factory Silencer and air box with a K&N. The factory silencer is set down into the fenderwell drawing in cold air and it is designed to not allow water to enter into the air stream. i would imagine that the difference between a complete factory set up with a K&N Panel filter is no different from CAI.

Has anyone ever dynoed the difference.

Back