Clear hose for coolant overflow

Digitalchaos

Does there exist a clear plastic hose material which can fully stand the heat & corrosive properties of coolant & the engine bay? I have seen some clear hoses used for overflow, but they end up discolored in short order. Something made from a type of PVC material perhaps?

Thanks

Contaminates (rust etc) in your coolant are what's gonna discolor the hose. Go ahead and spend a coupla bucks (probably less) on a section of vinyl tubing and use it, when it discolors just throw it away and get another. Boiling water will soften the tubing but won't ruin it so go for it.

'bird

Do they Make Clear engine blocks?.. I wanna see the oil an coolant flowing through my engine?

Thanks in advance.

Karl

Originally posted by XR7
Do they Make Clear engine blocks?.. I wanna see the oil an coolant flowing through my engine?

Thanks in advance.

Karl

I have one and Pro Street Rich has two...well, he did have two until he sold one to JugJug...mine is NOT for sale.

'bird

idea

my friend told me he wants to take some hoses from a dirt bike and use them under his hood.. the have clear bule, clear red and clear i think...should able to take what ever u give it, i was suprised he thought of that, but then again dirt bikes is his other hobbie.. Alex Lachance

Sounds interesting. What do the hoses do on the dirt bikes; fuel? Where can you get these things, or find out more about them?

BTW tbird88; anything is for sale at the right price.. how much would it take for the clear engine block?? :D

i'd go to a dirt bike speed shop, ask them about it i guess, i'm assuming there fuel line hoses, i believe i remember my friend saying that.. dont tell him i gave out his secret :) Alex LaChance

Back