Headlight mount assembly

Digitalchaos

First, what is the name of the black plastic mount for head/parklamps which goes across the front of the car?

Second, mine is cracked almost in half on the drivers side, has been since purchase. There is currently an automotive glue applied, but the damage has made the drivers side headlamp sit crooked. Where and for how much can one of these be purchased?

Thanks everyone..

I believe the dealer calls it a "header panel". Don't know why but I am pretty sure that is how it was listed on my invoice. I paid about $107 bucks from Five Star Ford for it a couple of years ago. You have to remove the front bumper skin to be able to replace it. At least I did on my 94'.

Easy to do...

This is an easy install/changeover on the SC's.

When you open the hood, take a look at the lights and header to see what's connected where. If you need to, take a pic or diagram the wires. You could also take masking tape and label the wires. Really, there are only the headlight and corner wires to deal with.

First, remove the headlights. There are three clips on each one holding them in. they are a PIA to get off. You can spread the little wings and then pry them upwards. Unplug the high and low beam wiring. Remove the lights.

To remove the corner lamps, there are two nuts - I think 10mm - holding them in. Work them forward, and remove the wire connecctor.

Now look at the header itself. On either side, you will see bolts holding it to the radiator support. I believe there are 8 bolts holding it on - each end, in the headlight area and in the center.

Once all are out, just lift the panel out. It's lightweight.

Look in Classifieds - alot of guys are parting out cars and these are common to come by. also visit a wrecking yard - any model Tbird and I believe Cougar will fit. Just make sure you get the correct year - '89-'93 or '94-97(Check to make sure the year your buying is interchangable with your year.)

Good luck.

Mark
'93 SC

Yep, header panel. About $180 from the dealer.

They break easy in a front hit accident.

Just start unbolting things off the front of the vehicle including the bumper cover. The hardest part is probably getting the retaining clips off the back of the headlights. That's about it.

frontnobumper.jpg

Thank you for the information. I was just at a local junk yard today and spotted one on a 92 thunderbird but was not sure if it would fit my 91 supercoupe. I will go back tomorrow and pull it off. I asked the guy at the junk yard how much he wanted for it and he said $10.00 but he also was not sure if it would fit a supercoupe. Again thanx for the info.

89 thru 93 All have the same header panel, Tbirds and Cougars.

94 and later have a different header panel and other front bolt on parts.

So you should have no problem using that from the 92. I's a good find for $10.00.

Thanks Mike... I pulled it off the car yesterday and yes the head light clamps are a pain in the *** to get off. I thought $10.00 was really cheap also that is why I jumped on it. Again thank you guys for the help.

Back