Mike, tellme more about your Cam regrind

X

XB70

Mike, tellme more about your Cam regrind

Mike and others,

You are sending your's to Comp Cams? What will they do for you? I have the 95 motor torn down now and looking at modifying the cam specs for just a little more top end without losing too much torque. Plan on a mild port and polish on the heads and manifolds and using 3.27 gears.

Who do you talk to at Comp Cams?

Thanks,

Glenn

Re: Mike, tellme more about your Cam regrind

About all Comp would commit to is to let them see it 1st and then they'd tell me what they could do with it. Meanwhile I talked to Super Six Motorsports and he recommended no more than a 483 lift and 224 duration. I've emailed Crower Cams also about what they can do. Comp Cams wants $115 to regrind it. Crower does the cams for Super Six. They also recommended going to the 1.85 intake valve and spring combo which is on the late model Mustang 3.8's. I should know a little more in a few days.

Thanks, keep me posted Bigger Valves...

Mike,

Great feedback. I need to spend more time on other websites other than this one and expand my horizons. Have seen supersix, but it's been a while. Have also spent time on markviii.org, yes I am starting to lust over a 97 or 98 MarkVIII, but need to wait until they are more than 5 years old to let them depreciate like our SCs, Holysh1t.

Bigger intake valve needs to be explored, what about the exhaust. By the looks of the heads, there is plenty of room for bigger valves. Aside of more meat in the 94/95 head, what other differences do you know of? Exhaust ports and mounting of manifolds to an earlier version appears the same.

Look forward to linking up again. Pulleys finally go on this Thursday along with a 5% OD. 14.3s here we come and with 2.73's.

Glenn

Re: Thanks, keep me posted Bigger Valves...

Nothing was mentioned about the exhaust valve being enlarged. I checked Coy Miller's site and he keeps the exhaust at 1.6 and only goes to 1.625 on the stage 2. So, I'd say that means leave them alone. I want to try a 5% pulley before I buy one and see if it helps mine. I'm working on my double intercooler and hope to have it ready soon. I've got one cut and am starting on the other. I took off the top and bottom front portion of the tanks on one and on the other I'll take off the rear part of the tanks. I'll get some 1/8" or so aluminum sheet and bend it to the right shape and size and get it welded together.
It looks like I won't have to go to LA in April after all and will make it to Fun Ford Weekend at Atlanta Dragway.

Re: Thanks, keep me posted Bigger Valves...

I think the stock size is 1.42 or something around that size cause I added the 1.6 and it was a lot bigger than the stock ones. On a side note my heads, cam, supercharger, double intercooler, raised top, headers, and roller rockers are all for sale. Mine spun another rod bearing yesterday so Im going to retire the 3.8 and put an explorer 5.0 in it. Im just gonna spray it for now but I plan on putting a turbo setup later this year. If anybodys interested you can E-mail me @ Oneblown6@hotmail.com.
Steve

Need some of your parts

Steve,

Sorry to hear of the spun rod bearing. Could use some of the stuff you have provided prices are resonable.

Please e-mail me at Huberg@benning.army.mil and let me know what you really must have for the 95 blower, special cam, double intercooler and other items of interest that I can use to hop up this 95 motor I am building.

Thanks

Glenn

Back