Saturday at Silver Dollar dragway

M

Mike Puckett

Saturday at Silver Dollar dragway

Does my SC ever like to eat rice. Lots of 15 sec ricers of all types out there. The track was a little slick and it took a few runs to get good launches. I won 4 and lost 3, twice to Rick Cunningham who had two 13.9's and a 13.8 and once to a 80's Monkey Carload that ran a 12.9. I beat 2 ricers, a Camaro, and an 80's Cutlass. Dan Lineback had a pretty good day and Ron didn't do bad either. The jury's still out on his new street/strip chip though.

Damn, I should have brought some soy sauce!!

FLIED LICE??!! FLIED LICE??!! YOU WAN EGGROLL WITH FLIED LICE???!!

I think one of those Civics had an"Uncle Ben's Inside" decal on it!

My 1st run Sat was my best of the day. 14.709 @ 93.37. Ran 14.7-14.8s on all my runs except one with a botched take off which gave me a 15.08. Its nice to see some of my mods paying off!!

Re: Too Many Variables

My best time with the chip was 14.63 in race mode.The main problem I developed severe wheel hop from the left rear wheel. I dont know if it was the tack, my shocks getting weak, added torque or what.
I guess I just need to get it dynoed for accurate readings on the chip.
The last meet in Atlanta I turned 14.62 without the chip.
So who knows.

Track seemed a little slick.

I wonder if it was the rain the day before. I ran into an oil trail once and got out of the gas, crossing the line at 71 mph. I still beat the Honda, though. I noticed everyone seemed to be waiting for the light to turn green. I jumped everybody off the line even when I lost. That's a neat feeling watching them sitting there while I take off and leave them even it's only for a second or two. My best was a 14.563 @ 97.36 mph.

Sounds as if

you guys had some fun. Wanted to attend, but had some house work to do, plus it looked awlful bad here didn't want to take the chance and drive all that way for nothing.

Back