Slave cylinder problems

RandenSC

How do you put fluid in the slave cylinder? I got the hyd line off and i need to put fluid in the slave to get all the air out. how can i push fluid thorugh and get all the air out?

I have never heard of someone wanting to do what you are describing. Why did you take off the hydrolic line? Why are you trying to fill the slave by its self?

Typically what is done is the fluid is put in the resivior attached to the shock tower, and pumped through the entire system. You open the bleeder on the slave to let the air out, but the fluid comes in through the hydrolic line, via the master cylinder and resivior...

Yeah, when I did my clutch and replaced my slave cylinder, I just bled the whole system. You have to keep adding fluid to the reservior and bleed it from the bleeder screw on the slave. You should be able to see the slave cylinder moving when you're pumping the clutch pedal. If you can't get it to move, try prying it back into movement - mine was stuck for a week before I figured it out.

Good luck,

Matt

i replaced my tranny and now i cant get my clutch to bleed, i opened the little rubber vent in the tranny to look at the slave and when i pump it there is no movement at all??? i am ready to sell this thing i hate to do that but i have been trying to get my clutch back for 4 weeks, i am out of options!\

Well, if you tried moving the slave cylinder with an object and still can't get it, all I can tell you is to pull the tranny back out and make sure the slave will move with your hand. I'm thinking it's gotta be stuck - that was my problem - but I really don't know.

Good luck man and I hope you keep the 'bird,

Matt

I'm having the exact same problem. I just replaced my clutch, and now that it's all back together, I can't get it to work at all. When I open the bleeder screw and pump the clutch, it doesn't push anything out the bleeder screw other than a dribble of fluid.

My wife and I sat out there for 1/2 hour trying to bleed the damn thing and I can't get it. It doesn't blow out air bubbles or anything from the hose going in to the fluid at the other end.

Dale

Dale, the same thing here, i just cant seem to get anything. If you figure out what to do let me know.

Back