quick brake question...

Billabong089

It says in my manual :

Remove residue from the pinch bolt threads and apply one drop of Threadlock and Sealer E0AZ-19554-AA (ESE-M4G204-A) or equivalent. Install pinch bolts. Tighten to 31-35N-m (23-26 lb-ft) while holding slider pins with an open-end wrench.

So what kind of threadlock and sealer do I use? Blue Loctite good? Just making sure, got the brakes off now but I gotta go buy a c-clamp to compress the piston and I broke a bolt, yea I'm dumb and yea I turned it the wrong way lol but I got it out.

Well...since you are mentioning slider pins I assume you are working on rear breaks. That being the case a C Clamp is not going to cut it. The rear pistons need to be screwed in not pressed in. You nned a special tool that is sold at Auto Parts Stores to be able to turn the piston.

I have never used threadlocker in this application but I would assume that blue would be the one to use so you can do the job again in the future. Make sure those slider pins are lubed up well. Also you may need to grind down a wrench to beable to access the pinch bolt. A regular width one interfers with the outer part you need to turn.

Use dielectric grease to lube the pins. It's cheaper than true brake lube, works just as well, and it's what I was told to use from some reliable brake guys around town.

Damn I just bought a C-clamp for $10 ! And spent like 10min to try and get that piston to compress lol I can't believe it...

ARGH

Back