Meeting for February

M

Mike Puckett

Meeting for February

Member Bill Carey told me that he will be working Silver Dollar Dragway Feb 17th and 24th. Bill's one of the track announcers and would like to be there when we come. Dan Lineback has to work the 17th and I may have to work that Saturday also, a rare occurance for me but one of the Germans is coming over from the headquarters that week for a new product introduction. Also, I need to get my now being rebuilt 5 spd and clutch slave cyl swapped out before then, too. Anyway, we vote for the 24th. Who would like to come and which weekend would be better for you? These will be the last 2 Saturdays for open racing before switching to Friday nights.

Re: Meeting for February

The 24th would be great. It would give me time to do those dreaded spark plugs ans wires. I got about 54 K on the old ones now. Also got the Jerry Chip back {the 3rd one} and would like to test it out.

Mike I promise I wont come near you and jinx you with that chip hehe

Rotten Ron

24 Feb works for me so far

Guess I am in for that one too. It also allows me to install some goodies that I now have during the long weekend. Have 5% OD pulley, ASP underdrive pulley's to install, 1.25 ESM blower top, and gauges with A pillar pods to install.

Already have those 245/50VR16 Toyo doing duty and that should bring my 2.73's to about 2.90 ratio equivalent by my calculations. A little cold weather and sub 14.4 are next on the agenda. Look out Mike, I am on your tail.

Glenn

Re: 24 Feb works for me so far

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble now. Especially with Ron bringing another chip with him. I've got no major changes planned till later. I'm really curious to see how the underdrive pulley set works. I'm planning adding it myself. I'm going to try to borrow a 5% pulley and see if it helps. If I could only get some traction off the line.

not me...

well, you guys love picking the dates when i can't go. i am going to OKC on that weekend to scope out that area before i actually move there in mid-late March. i thought the original plan was for Presidents Day weekend starting on Feb 17th.

Re: Meeting for February

man thats my birthday and my wedding anniversary............ think my wife would still be there when i get home?

No Excuses on dates...make the effort to be there

I mean it looks like you could not make one even if we had a meet in your Back Yard. Make it fit. Driving there and back is part of the fun.

Glenn

Re: No Excuses on dates...make the effort to be there

not trying to make any excuses, Glenn. i had already planned on going to OKC that weekend (Feb 24th) way back in December, because my terminal leave starts on Feb 20th. i'm going to OKC to find a place to live and seeking out jobs. if that's an excuse, then it's a good excuse for me to miss an SE meet. and i don't mind driving, either.

Is The 24th A Done Deal?

Im going to need directions. It seeme it might be an hour and a half more travel time then Atlanta.

Rotten Ron

I might make that one!!!

I should home by then so all of yall better look out. I might even try to break some records that day, especially if its cold. I cant wait and will do everthing in my power to make it to this one.
Steve Griffith

Re: I might make that one!!!

To get there Ron, if I may quote Messrs. Cheech & Chong, "You get on any freeway and take the Wilmington cutoff, you don't want to go north, you want to go south. Head on south 97 miles till you come to the Tastee Freeze and take a right. Go 97 miles till you get to the Standard station, stop at that Standard station, walk right up to the man there and ask "where the hell am I?""

Or, you could continue on down I75 to I475 around Macon to the Ft Valley exit Ga hwy 96 which goes straight to Reynolds about 20 miles.

Hey Mike....

I'm not too sure where this track is locatedin the state. Can you give me an idea how long of a drive I'll be looking at?
Jason
PS: I just saw the latest MM&FF and there will be a NMRA event there on April 7-8th. Billy Glidden is supposed to be there with his new car too.

Re: Hey Mike....

The Ft.Valley exit Mike's talking about looks to be about 25 or so miles south of Macon on I-75, then Reynolds is about 20 miles to the west of I-75. I'm guessing about 2 hrs from Atl, give or take a coupel hours. It will probably be a shorter drive for me. It's only about 10 miles closer than Commerce it looks like, but I won't have to deal with going around ATL, which saves some time and distance. I be takin' da back roads too. I'll score some good smoke, fire it up and look for that damn exxon or what ever the hell it is. SOmeone be sure to bring some Twinkies!!

Glidden, hummmm

Latest I have heard is he said, "Screw all of you(meaning NMCA, NSCA and NMRA)" and sold every thing he had that dealt with drag racing. Oh well, Les Baer, the Scratons plus many more will be there at least. Some high dollar fast rides in that pro 5.0 class. May have to try to make that one. Am trying to make the meet this month also. Have to wait and see.

Re: Directions

Go to link below for the real directions and a map.
www.silverdollarraceway.com/directions.htm
The track apparently is west of the town on the south side of the road. From Alabama take I-85 and then either 80 or 280 to Columbus and then east on 80/22 to 96 and then east on 96. It's about 50 miles from Columbus.
I don't know Dan, that's a lot of small towns to go thru. You might want consider cutting across to Griffin and picking up I-75 there.

Im getting Ready

Did the dreadful spark plug change today. Its hard to find time to do anything anymore and I dont trust some one else to work on the car.
Next saturday is set aside to do plug wires and O2 sensors.
Then clean the engine bay.
So I should be in good condition to run the 24th.
I hope the chip performs better than last time.
I think its still running too rich.

What time do we meet on 24 Feb??

Guys,

What's our link up time and how soon do they open the place and begin racing? The sooner the better IMO.

Glenn

Re: What time do we meet on 24 Feb??

According to their website they open at noon.

How about 1100 hours

Grab an early lunch and be ready for the track all afternoon.??

BTW, I just bought an extra 95 5 Speed Motor from oil pan to valve covers (including injectors, fuel rails and more) and from water pump pulley to flywheel and pressure plate. Actually had my Dad pick it up for me. I'll get it from him in the Spring when I go visit. I figured the XB70 will need a motor in a year or so, but she's still running in Spades. You think it was worth $500??

So what is and what is not interchangeable between the earlier and later engines. I figure the 95 motor should drop right in the 90 5 Speeds bay with exception to changing oil pans for the VMM on the 90 verison. Any others you can think of.

Glenn

Re: How about 1100 hours

1100 sounds good. Hope to see some major improvement in my performance. The SCP 3/4 top is on, the IC fan is on and operational, and I did Rich T's MAF mod... removed the bridge in the stock 70mm and opened up the sampling tube. Seems to work good. Idles fine, and feels like it's getting a little more air. I'm still working on my cold air induction. Trying to get pipes with the right angles. If I'm lucky I will have it on early this week. These, along with washing off the 30 lbs of dirt that has accumulated on the car over the past couple weeks, should help out.

Back