SC started running ROUGH

my91tbirdsc

Running fine one minute and the next just when to shaking, no get up, and black smoke when you get on it. I know it needs tune up. I think it may be a filed out spark plug. Anyone have any ideas. Most of the shakining is really felt in the steering wheel. I only run 93 octane. BTW I not long put in some octane booster and injecter cleaner ( not at the same time).

Any ideas.:confused:

Are you experiencing any other symptoms.. such as high heat, poor fuel economy, poor idle, hard starting, ect? Have you just completed any work to the car?

With what you've mentioned, the first thing I would look for is a vacuum leak.

not to much else

Idles ok in park, but put in gear and the tach hand bounces. It is also hard to start at times. But thats about it. The gas in these neck of the woods isn't all that great.:confused:

Does the tachometer needle just move around or does it go completely dead & then work again? Also, why does it need a tune up now? Anything specific that you know needs replacing? Lastly, does it run like this all the time now? Or does it go back to normal sometimes?

Still sounds like it could be something simple; like a vacuum leak or bad spark plugs. I would check these things first..

Well it first started jeking. I could cut the car off then back on and it would run fine. but the tach would not work for 1/2 mile or so. As for the tune up not to sure when the last one was and the car has started using a lot of gas. It runs like this consantly now. of course it started this Friday afternoon and I have only drove it once sence then. How could I, simply, look for vaccum leak? And you know the spark plugs isn't easy. lol

hmmm

when my tach didnt work for a mile or so, it was a cam sensor. replace it and my tach and the hesitation went away (until my plug wires burnt out)

Back