fell on my face

shmeeman

ok i am still haven a problem here i have replaced every senser on this car and the car is slower then dog poop in the middle of winter.i have kooks headers and full scp xhaust and 10% pulley on it .The car ripped *** before some A-hole gave her a shot of anti freeze in the tank.the car is a 94 with a 5-speed it only has about 1000 miles on a new ford replaced engine.can some one please help me out here i have been stuck with driven olds delta 88 all summer(the olds Smoked my super coupe know thats some B.S.

also when the car is running the headers are red hot and the boost is fine also
thanks for any help

Sounds like you're runnin' really lean if the headers are red hot... maybe the anti-freeze messed up your pump/injectors or fuel filter?

The antifreeze ruined the O2 sensors and plugged the cats.
The plugged cats will elevate exhaust system temps(glowing headers) The bad O2's will cause the engine to go into open loop mode causing richer fuel mixtures which normaly would cause the engine to run cooler. However with plugged cats heat is trapped between the exhaust ports and the cats causing that section of the exhaust to run considerably higher thus causing the glowing headers.

I was with Mike until you said that.

There is definately excessive heat, and without catalytic converters, I think the probable cause is fuel delivery. How long ago was the antifreeze added to your tank, and how do you know it was antifreeze? Did you change your oil/find any in the oil?

Only other thing I can think of is they might have done something else to the car that you haven't found yet, such as other contaminents in the gas tank or a clog in the exhaust.

Perhaps a fuel pressure check is in order.

and there it is

when we first found the anti freeze it was in the tank but i ran the car for about a half hour and i think thats what really screwed evrything up

Was basically focusing on what you things might have done with the car to encounter antifreeze in the tank, for a better idea of changes that may have occured.

I'm not sure what kind of reaction antifreeze would have with gasoline. It may have become a gel and clogged various fuel line components.. especially if your other symptoms point to a lean mixture or lack of fuel.

Check all fuel line components probably starting with fuel filter, remove all your contaminated gas. Hopefully other here will have more knowledge to advise you on the possibilities of fuel mixing with antifreeze. I think it may be logical to conclude it has at least partially clogged the fuel system (& maybe injectors) though.

You might also want to check your oil to be sure it did not slip into the crankcase. This would cause bearing failure.

Well if this was done by somebody else you should be able to have your insurance company cover it if your policy covers vandalism (found out the hard way mine does, fortunately it wasnt as bad as I thought). At least then you can get some help fixing it.

-Travis

Re: no cats

shmeeman said:
i have no cats on this car

Well that changes everything..........Your engine is running too lean.
Since antifreeze was put into the gas tank I hope you drained and clean the tank out, replaced the filter sock on the fuel pump, changed fuel filter and flushed all the fuel lines including the fuel rail.

Back