Stalling

mikesc

After my rebuild and many, many, many hours of time, and lots of money, my car is again running. There are two problems that I have yet to solve and they both deal with idleing. Before I continue here are the "Vitals"

When I run the codes it comes up with 11. (KOEO)
When I run the codes (KOER) the only codes that show are the one for the WOT, which I did not perform, and the one for the parking brake, which was set. The engine has 22 in vac at idle while in park, and 20 in when in drive. There is 47 lbs of pressure at the rail, increasing to over 55 when it is "revved up". It is a 4.2L (?) Stroker w/ P&P heads and exhaust manifolds. It also has pretty much every bolt on that is available including an EEC Tuner and a program from "Dr Fred".

The problem I am having is that when the car is cold it does not like to stay running, I have to give it some revs in order to do so. After a minute it settles down and idles fine until it warms up. Once warm I put it into Drive, take off, and everything is fine, until I come to a stop, it idles fine for a few seconds and just dies. It's like someone turned it off. No unusual sounds, no warning it just dies. I know this sounds like IAC problems but once restarted, and I disconnect the IAC the car stalls, just like it's suppose to. I'm not saying that can't be the problem but it's highly unlikly. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.............Mike

Mike I have the exact same prob since I installed my dr fred file
it actually started and idled better b4 I loaded the tuner file
let me know if you can get in touch with fred--I have not been able to for over 2 months now
Josh

Will it idle ok if you put the A/C or defroster on? Thats what was happening to mine, I first thought it was major but it ended up being real simple. When I was checking the air filter, I had pulled the rubber tube off that connects to the plastic pipe that goes to the drivers valve cover. It was out of sight under the wires behind the A/C bracket. Good luck

EEC

Well it seems that the stalling problem was in the file that I downloaded into the EEC. I removed the entire EEC tuner and fired it up. After the car warmed up everything seems to be OK! I drove it around until it reached operating temp and it did not stall once. Until I can get in contact with Fred I am going to run w/o the tuner. Actually the car seems to run better w/o it. All I have left to do is replace/repair the harmonic balancer and I'll be done (for awhile).

I hopes this helps anyone with the same problem.

Later............M

Back