IAC Valve compatibility?

BobGPz

Will a IAC Valve from a 1991 Merc Cougar N/A 3.8 fit a 1990 Thunderbird w/ SC???
Picked one up at junk yard while hunting for other parts and figured for $5 a spare would be nice after the problems I had with last one.

Also, will the MAF Sensor from same 91 Cougar fit my 90 SC as well? The cougar was 3.8 N/A but had yellowish tan fuel injectors. The were definately not red like mine (30#)..

MAF won't work.

I believe the IAC is also different. Has more to do with how it mounts up than with the electrical parts of it. If it bolts up and the ports are in the right place, it may work.

Yeah the IAC LOOKS identical, bolt holes, Air holes, and even the lay out looks correct. Just wondered if it was somehow electronicaly calibrated for different cars. It was off a 3.8, but NOT supercharged. The MAFS has different numbers, so maybe if mine goes bad I'll give it a shot. Thanks Mike

If it fits right, it should work fine. The EEC will compensate for any differences. But, I doubt there are any. As long as the inside nylon bellows isn't cracked, it should work.

IAC is the same for the NA 3.8 as the SC motor ... in fact, it's pretty much unique to the 3.8L application alone. Most of the Ford IAC motors have a cast aluminum housing rather than plastic.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Cool! That will save me $75 - $80 later down the road then. Too bad MAF won't work. Big thanks all!

Back