Summit Regionals Gainesville My SC will be there

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
This coming Friday and Saturday the 17th and 18th, I'll be running at the Summit ET Series regional finals at the Gainesville, FL dragway. After all the dramatics at the championship round at Atlanta Dragway I'm in the regionals after all. This meet involves the top finishers from all the dragstrips around the SE. Each dragstrip will be a team and pit together in a designated spot so I should be easy to find. We'll have about 35 cars there from Atlanta Drgwy. This will be on the 1/8th mile instead of the 1/4. Wish me luck. I'll need it! Come either day if you can.

Murphy's law still in effect for me

Figures Mike, I would REALLY dig meeting you and seeing the car run, but my mother-in -law is getting remarried on Saturday, and we're taking my wife's 2 brothers back to Orlando International for their flights out on Sunday.

Guys, if you can get up there to see Mike run, I promise you he'll make it worth your while. If anyone does go, bring a camcorder if you can.

Best of luck Mike, thanks for the heads up.

Congrats Mike, I wish I could make it up there too... I'd love to see your car run in this... Good luck with it for sure!!

I'm stuck in Orlando helping my Aunt and Uncle pack for a move back to Ill. this weekend..

Show them what that car will do!!

RJ

Mike,

Why is it only an 1/8 mile event? I know the track is 1/4 mile or at least it was the few times I've raced my SC there.

Ah yes, the good 'ol days. When I could drive my SC to Florida and hit the drag strip on my way out of town....I'd never try that now (at least not in my car).

Anyway, Good Luck Mike.

Well Kurt, since this the site for the Gator Nationals, we were all wondering why ourselves. No one's sure. I suppose it's because there are a lot of 1/8th mi tracks participating and it'll be compatible with them. A lot of those 1/8th mi cars probably won't run the 1/4 safely with their gears. I've never run the 1/8th per se so I'll just do like I do in the 1/4 but shut it off sooner. Plus, I won't have to worry about breaking out by going under 13.0 which I seem to be doing quite regularly now. I run from 8.3x to 8.5x in the 1/8th on my timeslips for the year. I think that we'll be able to dial as low as a 7.50 (good luck). It'll be less wear and tear on the car at least. Friday will be time trials and saturday is eliminations. We start at 9 am.

Back