cam-timing chain

tim

Well I set the tps and check everything else. Randy put a code reader on the engine and we got a mass air problem. I have a new c&l 76 mm. mass air. Engine lopes like it has 300 duration and 700 lift. It is a small 496 lift 215 duration cam. No vaccum leaks. Cant figure this one out at all Tim

Tim , you need to take your battery cable of for a couple minutes to cear that
KOEO 66 code .Then put the cable back on.since you cleaned the MAF.

I don't no why you cars lopes like it does.At least it idles a little now before it dies.

Sorry that I couldent have been more help.All the electrical is set to go now.
And I think that we may have got the oil pressure fix,when you change your oil.

You don.t have any vac leaks now,.I beleive we got all of them.

Why the motor lopes so bad.I don't know.I don't know why it ran ok for 800 or 900
miles then started lopeing.It just sound like it has somthing to do with the timing.
of the cam sensor or cam.IF the timing chain and all is new .I don't know what it
would be.

Maybe someone that knows more about the SC will jump in to help you.

Your motor sounds like it will make good power if someone can get rid of the lope.

The wires are allright.The vac lines are ok,The tps,iac are set.But the car lopes like is got
a 700 plus lift cam.Any one have any ideas why a SC would lope like is has a big cam in it.
To the point that it is hard to get it to idel.

RANDY

Last edited:
Randy thanks for all your help. Well I sespect the cam is in wrong. Even if it isnt with all I am hearing about the Morana timing chains O am going to pull it out and repalcr it degree it ect. Do I have to pull the pan down to change the timing chain? If I do I may as well pull the engine and adress some of the other stuff we talked about. Tim

Tim
my sc also has a nasty lope at idle and I have a 500 lift-210\210cam
I know that my cam is not timed correctly-but the car does idle
R u sure that all ur vaccuum lines and tubes are sealed?
I thought mine werefor about a year until I changed the inlet plenum and found a vaccum line just hanging back there not connected. Also do u have the adjustable air bypass on ur throttle body--maybe adjust that
g/l Josh
also was your cam pos sensor set correctly?

BRIANAS, All of the vac lines we traced,so that all were hooked up in the right place
We did not check the vac line inside the fenderwell.Not all the vac lines
have hose clamps on them,but we did put plactic ties on some.So if there
is a vac leak it would be very small.Some more lines need to have hose clamps
installed though, to make them perfect.To insure there is zero leakage.
I sprayed all the lines looking for leaks after we traced them and made
sure they felt stug.

We did not check the timing.Because the motor ran ok.And the cam sensor
had not been changed.So we did not do a timing check.

The vacunm motor on the cross talk tube kept opening an closing half way
while the motor was ideling.As the motor was making its up and down lope.

The SC is not throwing any codes while running

The motor dosen't seem to have any misses while ideling or reved up.

RANDY

cam timing chain

I think I may have found the problem. Got out this morning ang tied the bypass closed and plugged the vaccum line. Next I disconicted the wire giong to the iac and opened the screw that adjusts the iac. It idled a little better and got rid of most of the lope I suspect the iac is bad as everything is pointing is that direction. This would also explain the crazy way it runs rich lean and all over the map. Problem is its $90 at ford and the aftermarket one dont seem to work to well. I would check it with a volt meter If I knew want it was supposed to be. Randy tell Connie I got her message and found the right picture.

I thought the IAC was new.When i had a bad IAC it would idel up & down .But it
didnt sound like it was camed up like yours ,but I guess it was kinda the same.
but then I have a stock motor:p

Well I hope you found it.

I would still hose clamp more of your vac lines when you get time.

$90.00 bucks isnt to much just sign the check, pro street rich.

RANDY

Last edited:
when u put your c&l mass sensor did u recalibrate your injector to the mass air sensor? if not theirs your problem

cam timing chain

I am pretty sure I have the problem solved, Ihope so. When I looked at Randys throttle body it has a kink of seal around the inside. Mine dosent. That would really throw off the readings. The chip has been set up to match the injectors.

Mine lopes when the MAF is dirty. Do you have a K&N or 'oiled' filter? You need to clean the MAF every 5K-10K miles if you have a filter with oil on it. The oil will transfer to the MAF and screw with the readings. When the MAF is clean, mine only lopes when it's cold. Turn the idle up to about 800-850 will help too.

Back