13.054 @ 110.55 (yeah, I know)

Bill McNeil

New best time, but not quite good enough.

The title says it all. The track conditions just didn't allow it. 60' time on this run was 2.005, which quite obviously sucks pure azz if I ever intend to go fast. I don't believe they were applying VHT to the track regularly. Dave was driving my car on that run, and I mustered a 13.287 @ 109.19 MPH with me driving, and Krista in the car! (very little tech enforcement at St. Thomas Dragway). That was with a 2.011 60' time. Literally, the car went 13.05, 13.06, and 13.08, anywhere from 108.38 MPH to 110.55 MPH. Good speed I'd say, but not for a 13 second pass! The car feels much stronger with the new tuner file, new exhaust (although loud) and new plugs. I have a feeling I could dyno closer to 375 if I can get back their sometime soon.

I know the problem wasn't my car today, because Dave could barely pull a 1.90 (mostly over 2.00 himself) 60' in his car, and he is normally good for a 1.78' without breaking a sweat. I know he has gone 12.7, or faster, and all he could run was a 13.02, or something close to that in his car. He commented several times that the track was very slipperly, and the conditions were poor for traction. I'm thinking I could have easily gone 12.8 with better traction.

We had a great track event all-in-all. Over 15 SCs/XR7s were racing, and Dave Dalke drove up from his home in Madison, Ohio to join the Canadian SC crew. Most people in our chapter improved on their personal bests, and the weather was sunny and warm considering how late in the season it is. In fact, it felt like a hot summer day, which is why the overall track conditions weren't great either. I couldn't believe how humid it was for mid-October in Ontario. I'm going to try and get back to the track at the end of the month once I have the line locks installed, among other things. The track closes for the season October 28th.

Ron, if you could update my time, I'll scan the timeslip later today.

Hey Bill- sorry to hear about the "shtty" run, lol. If you're running 13.0's with a 2.0 60' I'd love to see that that pulls with a sub 1.9 60'. I dont suppose ILIKEJUGZ made it out??:D

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of what the time would be if I got a 1.78 60' time, like Dave seems to do consistently on most tracks, or better!
dont suppose ILIKEJUGZ made it out??
He did make it out actually, but he couldn't beat his personal best of 16.1 @ 84 MPH. Kinda sucks, but heh....chit takes time!

Bill,

With the MPH your running it's got the power for mid to low 12s, once you overcome the traction problems. You may want to start looking for a set of real slicks. Kelly Simmon's car (5 spd) launches very hard with the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's.

I've got a set of MT Drags I'll be trying out next weekend.

David

Dave,

I have an opportunity to get a decent deal on some cosmetic blem Mickey Thompson "slicks", but I've been putting if off to invest in actual modifications, which has been the wrong approach. I think the tires I have now can make a 12.9 happen, I just need to heat them up more, and get to a well prepared track.

My line locks may get installed this week. We'll see. ;)

I agree with David. 110mph is plenty enough to go mid 12's at leasst. It's all in that 60ft as you probably know. Congrats on the impressive MPH though.

Brandon

Hey guys,
No I didnt make it out. The guys ran into a small problem with their laptop program thing. He has to get the computer fixed at best buy then my car will work. Just a few more days, i cant wait. Later guys.

George

Hey George, it sounds like you don't do a damnn thing on your car. Do you even know how to change the oil?

Thomas

Back